• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
  3. Is this game worth getting on ps4?

User Info: tombrady3to1

tombrady3to1
1 week ago#1
I see it's on sale, people tell me how in depth and combat is and all the spells/skills you can learn but the gameplay of combat just looks like really outdated animations which is why i didn't like the others
Tom Brady >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> your fave qb

User Info: grumpyduckling

grumpyduckling
1 week ago#2
The melee combat is pretty clunky. It feels kinda "floaty," like it is missing weight, so your swings with a sword/mace/axe don't feel very visceral.

But... if you are like me and really enjoy stealth/archery gameplay, then this game is beautiful. So few games give me the combined feeling of adventure and stealth like Skyrim does. Sneaking through a bandit stronghold, tactically planning my route to try to remain undetected while I silently take out enemies one by one is pretty fun.

User Info: Fairycancel

Fairycancel
1 week ago#3
You could try playing with my mod list. Game doesn't feel as floaty and it looks way better:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/191475-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-special-edition/78493119

Tried to make every part of gameplay better. Sneaking, melee combat, bows and magic have been changed considerably. Be sure to read everything before deciding thou. Aint all lolipops and rainbows xD
MHGen Ign: Soleil, Mordecai
Like to often use: Bow(Drilltusk/Teo Adept), DB(FMDX=Aerial), LS(Guild/Striker), GS(Aerial from time to time)
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: vanille987

vanille987
6 days ago#4
It's much more RPG then action (without mods changing that), keep that in mind, personally I like that though.

User Info: tombrady3to1

tombrady3to1
6 days ago#5
vanille987 posted...
It's much more RPG then action (without mods changing that), keep that in mind, personally I like that though.
Can you break that down a little more?
Tom Brady >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> your fave qb

User Info: Fairycancel

Fairycancel
6 days ago#6
tombrady3to1 posted...
Can you break that down a little more?
Stats are far more important than skill on og skyrim
MHGen Ign: Soleil, Mordecai
Like to often use: Bow(Drilltusk/Teo Adept), DB(FMDX=Aerial), LS(Guild/Striker), GS(Aerial from time to time)

vanille987
6 days ago#7
Fairycancel posted...
Stats are far more important than skill on og skyrim
This, you can avoid some stuff with movement and positioning, but battles boil down to your stats and inventory mostly like you’d expect in a turn based JRPG or something.

User Info: Lord_Shadow

Lord_Shadow
3 days ago#8
Not on ps4 3rd worst way worst way of playing Skyrim
GT My Lord Shadow
"Your Grace, please, the people have surrendered..." "I didn't offer surrender."

User Info: NERVE_STRIKES

NERVE_STRIKES
2 days ago#9
I played the ps3 version for years. I just got this and with mods it's so much better. Definitely worth 15 bukz.
Power without perception is spiritually useless and of no true value.

vanille987
2 days ago#10
Is it only on sale in the US? EU price is still 60 :(
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
  3. Is this game worth getting on ps4?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A