• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Bryan_Skull

Bryan_Skull
1 week ago#1
Werewolf players got a bad deal. The werewolf tree sucks. Werewolf players can't have a permanent form. Being a werewolf has only 1 upside in your mortal form. Resist Disease 100%. Werewolf players should focus on Health.
I am an ArchLich. My magic can't be beaten.

User Info: Tsukasa1891

Tsukasa1891
1 week ago#2
That's what the expanded werewolf mod is for.

Bryan_Skull
1 week ago#3
Tsukasa1891 posted...

The base werewolf tree is dissatisfaction. Mods to fix the devs mistake isn't a real answer to the problem.

User Info: Overlord_Meril

Overlord_Meril
1 week ago#4
Bryan_Skull posted...
Tsukasa1891 posted...

The base werewolf tree is dissatisfaction. Mods to fix the devs mistake isn't a real answer to the problem.

It's not, but that's how Skyrim works at this point. It's been 8 years. Devs ain't doin nothing to fix anything now.

User Info: Devils Tear

Devils Tear
6 days ago#5
Bryan_Skull posted...
Werewolf players got a bad deal. The werewolf tree sucks. Werewolf players can't have a permanent form. Being a werewolf has only 1 upside in your mortal form. Resist Disease 100%. Werewolf players should focus on Health.

Done trolling the Conan Exiles funcom forum?
Stel dat ik ga trouwen met een Engelse vrouw, stap ik dan in het huwelijksbootje of in een relationship?

User Info: Redmacabre

Redmacabre
6 days ago#6
I played fine as a werewolf in my playthrough. Was taking on dragons and everything. If anything it's OP.

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
6 days ago#7
The inability to transform back does kind of suck, especially given the specialized strain granted to the player. You have to give up on loot and encountering a locked door is the end of your progression in an area.

As for the skill tree, it's not too bad: double damage, extra restoration from feeding, able to feed off most things, augments to the howls, etc.

But it is true that Beast Form is weaker than Vampire Lords: have to be in melee range to ragdoll enemies, no health regen outside of equipping a DLC ring, no magic to augment attacks, the DLC damage boost rings are weaker than the ones for Vampires and fewer in number. As a final mention they lack some of the traversal options granted to Vampire Lords.

The main thing going for Werewolves is the sprinting charge attack. It has a ridiculous damage modifier and sends almost any non-dragon foe to the ground, where they can be mauled. Against dragons the trick is getting them to land. Once they're on the ground you can chain the sprinting attack for some of the highest burst DPS in the game.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao

Bryan_Skull
6 days ago#8
Devils Tear posted...
Bryan_Skull posted...

Done trolling the Conan Exiles funcom forum?

I don't troll. I ask for key features that was promised at E3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay-s-YPPmiw&t=7s

If a company promises sorcery, better believe I'll hold them to one thier key selling points.
(edited 6 days ago)

Bryan_Skull
6 days ago#9
DuneMan posted...
The inability to transform back does kind of suck, especially given the specialized strain granted to the player. You have to give up on loot and encountering a locked door is the end of your progression in an area.

As for the skill tree, it's not too bad: double damage, extra restoration from feeding, able to feed off most things, augments to the howls, etc.

But it is true that Beast Form is weaker than Vampire Lords: have to be in melee range to ragdoll enemies, no health regen outside of equipping a DLC ring, no magic to augment attacks, the DLC damage boost rings are weaker than the ones for Vampires and fewer in number. As a final mention they lack some of the traversal options granted to Vampire Lords.

The main thing going for Werewolves is the sprinting charge attack. It has a ridiculous damage modifier and sends almost any non-dragon foe to the ground, where they can be mauled. Against dragons the trick is getting them to land. Once they're on the ground you can chain the sprinting attack for some of the highest burst DPS in the game.

I wouldn't be insult by werewolf skill tree if the game didn't force you to chose 1 werewolf ability at a time. Werewolf could easy be a permanent form. As long as you are free to change forms at will.
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: Dabrikishaw15

Dabrikishaw15
6 days ago#10
Huh, here I thought you'd make another ludicrous "build".
3DS FC: 4382 - 2449 - 5707 IGN: Anthony
  • Post New Message