• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
Bryan_Skull 3 years ago#1
For those not understanding this is a pure Magic build.

I suggest 2 health and 1 Magic.

This build for none Vampires.

I also suggest no weapons. Pure Magic builds have no weapons.

Enchanting: All but Soul siphon

Restoration: All

Illusion: All

Destruction: All but Disintegrate and rune master

Conjuration: All but Mystic binding,soul stealer and Oblivion binding

Alteration: All

Staffs are key to the Archmage.

Archmage robe as well.
I am an ArchLich. My magic can't be beaten.
Elderscrolls14 3 years ago#2
Bryan_Skull posted...
For those not understanding this is a pure Magic build.

I suggest 2 health and 1 Magic.

This build for none Vampires.

I also suggest no weapons. Pure Magic builds have no weapons.

Enchanting: All but Soul siphon

Restoration: All

Illusion: All

Destruction: All but Disintegrate and rune master

Conjuration: All but Mystic binding,soul stealer and Oblivion binding

Alteration: All

Staffs are key to the Archmage.

Archmage robe as well.

This is interesting. I might give this a try.
My mario maker i.d is 48W-7G3-YTG
Hit me up if you are looking for new fun courses to play :)
Fairycancel 3 years ago#3
I mean, that's okay and all but you don't need to get every single perk on almost all schools. A lot of times, there are a lot of useless perks and it depends on how you even want to play the character since your enchants are limited.

You will also need far more magic than that if you want to use many spells consistently since spells tend to cost too much even with the half perks. The last elemental perks for destruction perks for elements are ass EXCEPT for disintegrate O.o. Depending on how much HP and magic res(or immunity) you have, some perks of restoration are useless(namely the higher level half spells since fast healing double casted may be all you need).

You may not want to get mage armor and stability either. Mage armor is null and void if you use the elemental priest mask(greatly recommended if using destruction) and atronach is annoying since it can cancel normal summons at times.

Getting the elemental perks on enchanting wont give you much of a bonus if you don't want to use weapons either.

Necromancy side of the tree on conjuration don't give any real bonus to any character at all. Even if you primarly use zombie thralls.
FFXIV Ign: Zee Tzi Crystal:Malboro | PSN: Fairy-Uvinq
Jobs: WAR, BRD, BLM, Healers
Olld-Onne 3 years ago#4
My Archmage had 3 Magika, 2 Health and 1 Stamina every 6 levels. Spell spamming was not a problem but getting hit was at times. : )
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!
Fairycancel 3 years ago#5
mixed atronach and stability for some reason xD
Fairycancel 3 years ago#6
You may want to add Alchemy to the mix. In particular for the extra damage that a fortify destruction potion gives. I mean, the archmage have a garden of alchemic ingredients just for him and there is a trainer in the college too.

Get aspect of terror with the fire damage up perks and Ignite for destruction as soon as you can with double cast and impact perks

Staves are pretty useless for the most part by the way, you can do far more with your own hands as a exclusive spellcaster.
Olld-Onne 3 years ago#7
The Dark Souls perk actually can interfere with any enchantments you put on your thralls making them not work on and off through each loading screen and resurrection so it should always be avoided in my opinion unless your thrall is not armored.
Fairycancel 3 years ago#8
Olld-Onne posted...
The Dark Souls perk actually can interfere with any enchantments you put on your thralls making them not work on and off through each loading screen and resurrection so it should always be avoided in my opinion unless your thrall is not armored.

What, really? I didn't actually know that 1
ErikoChristy 3 years ago#9
Interesting, my Holy Knight build is similar but it eliminates the Conjuration and Illusion. It replaces the Archmage robe with armor and the staffs with swords. Besides the Archmage robe which you noted, what will be the idea choice of apparel for this build?
Youtube@Amelia Chaveliar
Olld-Onne 3 years ago#10
ErikoChristy posted...
Interesting, my Holy Knight build is similar but it eliminates the Conjuration and Illusion. It replaces the Archmage robe with armor and the staffs with swords. Besides the Archmage robe which you noted, what will be the idea choice of apparel for this build?

Thalmor gloves and boots as they are close to the robes without looking a bit silly really like normal gloves do. A circlet can be worn under the Archmage Robes hood, but you probably know that already. : )
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A