Astrid's negotiation skills (Dark Brotherhood quest spoilers)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
  3. Astrid's negotiation skills (Dark Brotherhood quest spoilers)

User Info: Darkdragoon324

Darkdragoon324
7 months ago#21
Eh. It's not like anywhere takes that long to get to even before fast travel.

A tiny extra bit of speed isn't worth suffering through the BD's godawful plotline.
"My name is Leonard Church, and you will fear my laser face"

User Info: Ninkyo893

Ninkyo893
7 months ago#22
Darkdragoon324 posted...
MrAntike184 posted...
Darkdragoon324 posted...
alchemy60 posted...
tbh though killing astrid is worse because despite her betrayal the rewards for killing DBH off is mainly 2000k gold. It's actually financially beneficial to join them and reap the rewards of good enchanted stuff or just gear or whatever. I mean heck you can have an random assassin followers too

Well I like to roleplay, so some of my characters would kill her, some would join the DB, and some would never kill Grelod and begin the questline in the first place. But shanking her smug face is the most emotionally satisfying.

Well, then some of your characters are idiots because you only benefit from joining the Brotherhood. Blade of Woe, Shadowmere and over 30k gold in the main missions alone

You get the Blade of Woe off Astrid's corpse, gold is far from difficult to make in Skyrim, and I don't give a f*** about horses and even if I did, Arvak is better anyway since you just call him when you want him and he doesn't stalk you through the fast-travel.

Dumb question, but how do you call your horse? Or is that specific only to Arvak?
"There's two types of people in this world. Pinball people and video game people."

User Info: Darkdragoon324

Darkdragoon324
7 months ago#23
Ninkyo893 posted...
Darkdragoon324 posted...
MrAntike184 posted...
Darkdragoon324 posted...
alchemy60 posted...
tbh though killing astrid is worse because despite her betrayal the rewards for killing DBH off is mainly 2000k gold. It's actually financially beneficial to join them and reap the rewards of good enchanted stuff or just gear or whatever. I mean heck you can have an random assassin followers too

Well I like to roleplay, so some of my characters would kill her, some would join the DB, and some would never kill Grelod and begin the questline in the first place. But shanking her smug face is the most emotionally satisfying.

Well, then some of your characters are idiots because you only benefit from joining the Brotherhood. Blade of Woe, Shadowmere and over 30k gold in the main missions alone

You get the Blade of Woe off Astrid's corpse, gold is far from difficult to make in Skyrim, and I don't give a f*** about horses and even if I did, Arvak is better anyway since you just call him when you want him and he doesn't stalk you through the fast-travel.

Dumb question, but how do you call your horse? Or is that specific only to Arvak?

You can't call your horse, it just fast travels with you if you dismount it and then fast-travel, otherwise it just hangs out where you left it. Arvak is ghost horse that you summon with a Conjuration spell. It won't dispel while you're riding him, and will disappear a while after you dismount.
"My name is Leonard Church, and you will fear my laser face"

User Info: LordSeymour77

LordSeymour77
7 months ago#24
The whole reason that I brought this up is because Astrid did something very similar to Spinne from Dies Irae. In Dies Irae, Spinne tries to form an alliance with Ren after killing a woman who looks like Kasumi (Ren's childhood friend), while in Skyrim, Astrid tried to form an alliance with Maro after ordering the death of his son. Killing or ordering the death of a loved one tends to be a deal breaker.
If you are a lolicon who does NOT find much appeal in school swimsuits, put this on your signature.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
  3. Astrid's negotiation skills (Dark Brotherhood quest spoilers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived