• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
  3. Astrid's negotiation skills (Dark Brotherhood quest spoilers)

User Info: meanspirit90

meanspirit90
11 months ago#11
Yes but well if you read the letter it was actually part of the contract.

2.) A certain high-ranking military officer, permanently stationed in Skyrim, is responsible for securing the Leader's safety should he choose to schedule a visit. When this officer learns of the Leader's journey, he will begin the necessary security arrangements. You must learn this officer's plans, and meet with his people, to ensure appropriate security for your eventual audience with the Leader

My guess is, she did it around the time we kill the chef to lay a trap on the listener but failed to realize that it was foolish to trust Maro.
Thirst of knowledge is a dangerous thing. Just go back to your beer

User Info: Darkdragoon324

Darkdragoon324
11 months ago#12
meanspirit90 posted...
Yes but well if you read the letter it was actually part of the contract.

2.) A certain high-ranking military officer, permanently stationed in Skyrim, is responsible for securing the Leader's safety should he choose to schedule a visit. When this officer learns of the Leader's journey, he will begin the necessary security arrangements. You must learn this officer's plans, and meet with his people, to ensure appropriate security for your eventual audience with the Leader

My guess is, she did it around the time we kill the chef to lay a trap on the listener but failed to realize that it was foolish to trust Maro.

This is why I always just kill Astrid in the shack. Dumbass is going to die either way, might as well have it done by a clever opponent than by her own stupidity.
"My name is Leonard Church, and you will fear my laser face"

User Info: alchemy60

alchemy60
11 months ago#13
tbh though killing astrid is worse because despite her betrayal the rewards for killing DBH off is mainly 2000k gold. It's actually financially beneficial to join them and reap the rewards of good enchanted stuff or just gear or whatever. I mean heck you can have an random assassin followers too
PSN: StealthBlade98
Youtube channel: jagr06

Darkdragoon324
11 months ago#14
alchemy60 posted...
tbh though killing astrid is worse because despite her betrayal the rewards for killing DBH off is mainly 2000k gold. It's actually financially beneficial to join them and reap the rewards of good enchanted stuff or just gear or whatever. I mean heck you can have an random assassin followers too

Well I like to roleplay, so some of my characters would kill her, some would join the DB, and some would never kill Grelod and begin the questline in the first place. But shanking her smug face is the most emotionally satisfying.

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
11 months ago#15
Darkdragoon324 posted...
alchemy60 posted...

Well I like to roleplay, so some of my characters would kill her, some would join the DB, and some would never kill Grelod and begin the questline in the first place. But shanking her smug face is the most emotionally satisfying.

While still on the wardrobe of course :).
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

alchemy60
11 months ago#16
Darkdragoon324 posted...
alchemy60 posted...

I've never killed her outside of the story event cause i see no benefit

User Info: MrAntike184

MrAntike184
11 months ago#17
Darkdragoon324 posted...
alchemy60 posted...

Well, then some of your characters are idiots because you only benefit from joining the Brotherhood. Blade of Woe, Shadowmere and over 30k gold in the main missions alone
L

User Info: Nepharen

Nepharen
11 months ago#18
Most of my characters forgo the dark brotherhood questline too... the main three things you miss out on are windshear, the spectral assassin power, and shadowmere. Everything else is pretty lackluster and you can make/find better.

You do get the blade of woe, two sets of assassin gear (ancient assassin gear is also accessible through an exploit so 3 sets), and you get to keep the falkreath sanctuary if you play the role of hero... granted you probably won't be using any of this as a hero but it's an option... and as an added bonus, if you use the ebony blade to take care of business, each assassin counts towards charging the weapon... and they don't despawn so ritual stone them and finish charging it or bring along an undead assassin with you on your travels... all in all, it's not a bad trade off.

Darkdragoon324
11 months ago#19
MrAntike184 posted...
Darkdragoon324 posted...
alchemy60 posted...

Well, then some of your characters are idiots because you only benefit from joining the Brotherhood. Blade of Woe, Shadowmere and over 30k gold in the main missions alone

You get the Blade of Woe off Astrid's corpse, gold is far from difficult to make in Skyrim, and I don't give a f*** about horses and even if I did, Arvak is better anyway since you just call him when you want him and he doesn't stalk you through the fast-travel.

alchemy60
11 months ago#20
Yea but Shadowmere is faster than arvak.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
  3. Astrid's negotiation skills (Dark Brotherhood quest spoilers)
  • Topic Archived