Astrid's negotiation skills (Dark Brotherhood quest spoilers)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
  3. Astrid's negotiation skills (Dark Brotherhood quest spoilers)

User Info: LordSeymour77

LordSeymour77
8 months ago#1
I understand that the Dark Brotherhood doesn't care about societal norms, but I would like to believe that they are not ignorant of them either. When did Astrid go to Maro for a deal? Was it before or after she ordered his son's death? Murdering an offspring or significant other of a potential collaborator tends to sour relationships before they even begin.
If you are a lolicon who does NOT find much appeal in school swimsuits, put this on your signature.

User Info: Darkdragoon324

Darkdragoon324
7 months ago#2
The DB is just the most poorly written faction out of all of them. And none of them are written well.
"My name is Leonard Church, and you will fear my laser face"

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
7 months ago#3
Darkdragoon324 posted...
The DB is just the most poorly written faction out of all of them. And none of them are written well.

College of Winterhold is far worse, two spells and your Archmage lol.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: mandalore2385

mandalore2385
7 months ago#4
Olld-Onne posted...
Darkdragoon324 posted...

I've heard that you can actually bypass the need for any casting.

1. Enter the college when directed by the MQ and demonstrate your Thu'um for the admission test.

2. Use Spellbreaker's ward for Tolfdir's First Lessons.

3. Use a staff on the wall in Saarthal to continue the quest.

4. Use Frost and Flames staves in the Dwemer ruin that you use to find the location of The Staff of Magnus.

User Info: Nepharen

Nepharen
7 months ago#5
mandalore2385 posted...
Olld-Onne posted...
Darkdragoon324 posted...

1. Enter the college when directed by the MQ and demonstrate your Thu'um for the admission test.

4. Use Frost and Flames staves in the Dwemer ruin that you use to find the location of The Staff of Magnus.

You can also shout the wall in saarthal and fire breath works in the dwemer ruins... frost does not... so minimum equipment to get through mages questline without conventional magic is spellbreaker and a staff of frostbite.

To be fair though, the thu'um is a very powerful form of magic. I do not feel bad at all for having an archmage capable of speaking fire into existence, make dragons their familiar, or call the heroes of old to their side... leave the lesser magics to the weaker races.

Olld-Onne
7 months ago#6
Nepharen posted...
mandalore2385 posted...
Olld-Onne posted...
Darkdragoon324 posted...

You can also shout the wall in saarthal and fire breath works in the dwemer ruins... frost does not... so minimum equipment to get through mages questline without conventional magic is spellbreaker and a staff of frostbite.

To be fair though, the thu'um is a very powerful form of magic. I do not feel bad at all for having an archmage capable of speaking fire into existence, make dragons their familiar, or call the heroes of old to their side... leave the lesser magics to the weaker races.

I was being generous lol.

User Info: EpicMickeyDrew

EpicMickeyDrew
7 months ago#7
mandalore2385 posted...

Or you can pass the persuasion check.
Just how, pray tell, does your dick "take life"? How could a dick take a life? - XciteMe

User Info: LordSeymour77

LordSeymour77
7 months ago#8
... Back on topic, with the Dark Brotherhood being socially out of touch (as opposed to knowing about societal norms, but not giving a s***), please?
If you are a lolicon who does NOT find much appeal in school swimsuits, put this on your signature.

Olld-Onne
7 months ago#9
The Dark Brotherhood is always going to be out of touch with society as they are hired assassins and have to keep a certain level of secrecy. Especially Astrids group who dont even have a Listener for most of their dealings which means they were even out of touch with the very organisation they were in to begin with.

User Info: EpicMickeyDrew

EpicMickeyDrew
7 months ago#10
The idea is that the Player Character is the one who killed his son,
Just how, pray tell, does your dick "take life"? How could a dick take a life? - XciteMe
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
  3. Astrid's negotiation skills (Dark Brotherhood quest spoilers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived