Mod question

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: jamzwayne

jamzwayne
8 months ago#1
Can one simply turn on a mod to bring an NPC back to life, then turn that mod off so the NPC is alive, and still get trophies?

Here's the issue:

Ill Met by Moonlight

Mathies and his old lady are dead in the graveyard (irony). It looks like a dragon attack perhaps, whatever. With these two gone, the quest can't be started.

So.....in Falkreath jail, I try talking to Sinding, but when I get close to his cell he wont approach the bars for me to ask him if he killed Lavinia. He just stays at the back of his cell, and he makes the usual NPC comments, "Need something?"

With that said, I am unable to get the last Daedric artifact I need for said trophy.

Any ideas?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
"A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has honor."

User Info: MHettenbach

MHettenbach
8 months ago#2
I dont recall the name of it off the top of my head but I know there is at least one Mod with a Resurrection spell, I want to say its one of the Call Armies series but couldn't swear too it. It allowed me to revive corpses so that quests would trigger tho. ( I may have massacred a small town and accidentally overwritten a save file)..

perhaps someone else can chime in here, I'd look it up myself but I already shut the system down for the night.

oh wait, I didn't see you were trophy hunting.. Sorry no once you use a mod it disables trophies so the only thing you can do is check a previous save file and hope they aren't dead. >.<
PSN: KagatoAC / FF:ARR Rei'sela Leiyal
Lodestone: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3947296/

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
8 months ago#3
Once you mod a save it will no longer receive trophies.

Here is some stuff.

Wiki:
Sinding is unable to be spoken with in the jail because he is stuck or simply won't move from the back wall.

Fixes -
Leave and reenter the jail.
Use the Unrelenting Force Shout on Sinding then leave and reenter the jail.
Attack Sinding with spells or ranged weaponry and yield.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

jamzwayne
7 months ago#4
Got it!
Platinum trophy aquired!!!!

Thanks for the help.

jamzwayne
7 months ago#5
I just did other things not even thinking about it anymore. After a few days and about a million saves, Singing decided to have a conversation.

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
7 months ago#6
jamzwayne posted...
I just did other things not even thinking about it anymore. After a few days and about a million saves, Singing decided to have a conversation.

Must have been playing hard to get and then realised you did not actually care that much so jumped at the opportunity once you came back finally lol.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived