• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Prey
  3. Day 1 patch DOES NOT fix the input lag

User Info: BlackLaser555

BlackLaser555
2 years ago#1
I've had the game for 2 days now, played around 4 hours, the day 1 update was released around 1 hour ago and I thought it would fix the input lag that was present in the demo, as some posts in here and reddit said that the developers promised that the input lag will be fixed by the time the game releases.

While the update does fix a lot of things, it didn't fix the input lag.

I'm still enjoying the game despite that, and there might be another patch that does really fix it by the time the game officially releases, which is the 5th of May, but as it stands right now, patch 1.01 does not fix the input lag.

Edit: Patch notes for whoever wants to see: (might contain minor spoilers)

http://i.imgur.com/B22GGiP.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/PwrLqi1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/zmqgA6P.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/CIHrMLF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/EDUhQXf.jpg

User Info: EvolutionBaby

EvolutionBaby
2 years ago#2
What all does the patch fix? Does it do something about music playing for a full minute or two after combat ends?

BlackLaser555
2 years ago#3
EvolutionBaby posted...
What all does the patch fix? Does it do something about music playing for a full minute or two after combat ends?

I've added pics of the patch notes, not sure about the combat music, I'll report back once I played some more with this patch installed.

User Info: EvolutionBaby

EvolutionBaby
2 years ago#4
BlackLaser555 posted...
EvolutionBaby posted...

I've added pics of the patch notes, not sure about the combat music, I'll report back once I played some more with this patch installed.

Sounds good, thanks! :)

User Info: drivenby

drivenby
2 years ago#5
Sucks for ps4 people :(

But wouldn't technically day 1 be may 5th?
GameFlux: Unofficial GameFAQs board browser

User Info: JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe
2 years ago#6
drivenby posted...

Theoretically another patch might be coming. This is all pre-launch after all.

User Info: spankomycin

spankomycin
2 years ago#7
out of curiosity, is the first hour/demo pretty reflective of your time with the game so far?

User Info: Chaos_915

Chaos_915
2 years ago#8
It's possible 1.0(full game) already included the lag fix, and it's only present in the demo.
PSN: Chaos91581

User Info: SMTFan123

SMTFan123
2 years ago#9
Chaos_915 posted...
It's possible 1.0(full game) already included the lag fix, and it's only present in the demo.

TC DOES have the full game.
The official Lilith of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
The Ultimate Defender of Xenosaga Episode II

BlackLaser555
2 years ago#10
EvolutionBaby posted...

I don't know if it's because I progressed into the game, but it seems like the problem with the combat music still playing after killing the enemies, is fixed.

But I noticed that some sounds/voice overs are not in sync, for example the reload animation for the shotgun happens before the sound of reloading is done, not sure if it was present in the demo as well but it is definitely noticeable in the full game.

drivenby posted...

When developers talk about a day 1 patch, they are usually talking about patch 1.01, but like the other guy said there is a possibility that another patch might be on the way before the official release date.

spankomycin posted...
out of curiosity, is the first hour/demo pretty reflective of your time with the game so far?

Not really, I liked the exploration and the way you can tackle situations in different ways that was present in the demo, and I also liked the setting and atmosphere and I found the story intriguing.

I'd say the demo was only 10% of what the full game has to offer, if you liked the demo you'll definitely like final product, and hopefully the developers fix the input lag, and the problems with audio sync and audio mix.

I have a problem with the game though, the character models all look samey with the exception of the main characters, a lot of times when I'm hearing audio logs and look at the portrait of the person who's speaking, I get him/her confused with another character because their face models look a lot similar, and face models in the game are janky/kinda bad looking in general, and while a lot of people are saying the graphics look bad, to me the graphics look pretty good, nothing amazing but it definitely is not bad as people claim, and I'm playing on the standard PS4.

Game performance so far is consistently good, never noticed a frame rate drop or any frame pacing issues.

The game is a solid 8.5 for me so far, tons of replay value potential here.
  1. Boards
  2. Prey
  3. Day 1 patch DOES NOT fix the input lag
  • Topic Archived