• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Injustice 2
  3. How important is that Wi-fi filter?
DarkDoc 4 months ago#1
After playing this game, can you go back?

So, what say you?
pizzacat83 3 months ago#2
For the sake of the thread, are WiFi filter and indicator interchangeable? I highly doubt any sane fighting game developer would have a full-on WiFi filter, as that would lead to the alienation and ostracization of WiFi users, especially on consoles. Alienating and ostracizing WiFi users would cause a drastic decrease in profits for obvious reasons. Remember that Harada stated almost 66% of console players connected via WiFi.

The best compromise is a WiFi indicator, so that users can choose whether or not to take the plunge. To answer the question, I refuse to play fighting games that don't have at least a WiFi indicator. Look at how awful Street Fighter V's netplay is, it's a joke.
DOA6: Bayman, Tamaki ; T7: Bears ; Ganryu
FEXL: Shirase (Fantasista), Rosso (Supernova) ; MK11: Kollector, D'Vorah
(edited 3 months ago)
DarkDoc 2 months ago#3
I'd say they were 2 different things.

An indicator is passive, like a logo or some text.

A filter is a setting that says you will automatically not accept matches from WiFi players.
pizzacat83 2 months ago#4
I agree they’re different, but one has to be realistic. A WiFi filter would never be implemented, so the best one could expect is a WiFi indicator.

WiFi indication is mandatory. Consumers should demand nothing less after netplay became so prevalent during the early part of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
DOA6: Bayman, Tamaki ; T7: Bears ; Ganryu
FEXL: Shirase (Fantasista), Rosso (Supernova) ; MK11: Kollector, D'Vorah
  1. Boards
  2. Injustice 2
  3. How important is that Wi-fi filter?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A