You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Injustice 2
  3. Is the game dead already?

User Info: TigerMask007

TigerMask007
1 month ago#1
The game is on sale (20€) so I am thinking of buying it, as the graphics look pretty amazing and I have always loved the DC stories.

I can say that I have a 3D fighting experience, but not 2D, so I find it a good way to be introduced to the genre.

The reason I wanna buy this is online gameplay and ranked, so I don't really care about the offline content.

My question is: Is this game dead? I live in EU and I am afraid that nobody still plays the game.

Appreciate any non-typical gamefaqs answer.
I am left-handed. What's your superpower?

User Info: VonBlade

VonBlade
1 month ago#2
If you're just planning to play online, yeah. Equipment gives stat boosts so you'll be grinding massively solo just to get on a level playing field character stats wise with the few people left playing.
Although I think the solo is actually fun enough that you'll get 20 quids worth of fun out of it. I did 100 hours without touching online.

It's no Guilty Gear Xrd, but still lots of fun.
Currently playing : Diablo 3, FM7, Mark of the Ninja, Hitman 2, Injustice 2.

TigerMask007
1 month ago#3
VonBlade posted...
If you're just planning to play online, yeah. Equipment gives stat boosts so you'll be grinding massively solo just to get on a level playing field character stats wise with the few people left playing.
Although I think the solo is actually fun enough that you'll get 20 quids worth of fun out of it. I did 100 hours without touching online.

Thanks for your answer! You know, I don't mind grinding in offline mode, but I guess that even if I do, I will not find many opponents to play against, huh? Oh and by the way, is there a chance that Injustice 3 is coming out soon? Because if that's the case, then I think that it's not gonna be worth it...

User Info: artowen74

artowen74
1 month ago#4
TigerMask007 posted...
VonBlade posted...

Thanks for your answer! You know, I don't mind grinding in offline mode, but I guess that even if I do, I will not find many opponents to play against, huh? Oh and by the way, is there a chance that Injustice 3 is coming out soon? Because if that's the case, then I think that it's not gonna be worth it...

@TigerMask007

Based on NRS release dates it's probably going to be around two years until I3:

I: GAU- 4/3/13
MKX- 4/7/15
I2- 5/11/17
MK 11- 4/23/19 (announced release date)

Definitely noticing a pattern from NRS, lol.
CurrentPS4Favs:AC:O/MKXL/D2/DIII/Moonlighter/LeapofFate/Iron Crypticle/Absolver/DeadCells/DeathsGambit/Hollow Knight/VictorVran/DeadNation/Alienation
RIP Hiroki
(edited 1 month ago)

TigerMask007
1 month ago#5
artowen74 posted...
TigerMask007 posted...
VonBlade posted...

@TigerMask007

Based on NRS release dates it's probably going to be around two years until I3:

I: GAU- 4/3/13
MKX- 4/7/15
I2- 5/11/17
MK 11- 4/23/19 (announced release date)

Definitely noticing a pattern from NRS, lol.

Thanks, that's very helpful. It seems that Injustice 3 is gonna take a while to be announced. But still, if the game is dead, then it's not worth it anyways (I got the same thing in Tekken 7 so I am a bit worried).

User Info: nekuyr2002

nekuyr2002
1 month ago#6
TigerMask007 posted...
Thanks, that's very helpful. It seems that Injustice 3 is gonna take a while to be announced. But still, if the game is dead, then it's not worth it anyways (I got the same thing in Tekken 7 so I am a bit worried).

For $20 you get all the characters unlocked, I would say it is pretty worth it, even if you don't play online at all.

If $20 is honestly a massive amount of money for you (like if you live in Central America, where the salaries are $200 a month or something), I would probably say, don't get it. But I assume that that is not the case since you are here talking about tekken 7.

TigerMask007
1 month ago#7
nekuyr2002 posted...
TigerMask007 posted...

For $20 you get all the characters unlocked, I would say it is pretty worth it, even if you don't play online at all.

If $20 is honestly a massive amount of money for you (like if you live in Central America, where the salaries are $200 a month or something), I would probably say, don't get it. But I assume that that is not the case since you are here talking about tekken 7.

Lol, it's not like 20€ is a huge amount of money, if not the opposite, I just want to be sure that I don't make a bad "investment".

But I guess I am exaggerating a little bit. :P

User Info: nekuyr2002

nekuyr2002
1 month ago#8
TigerMask007 posted...
nekuyr2002 posted...
TigerMask007 posted...

Lol, it's not like 20€ is a huge amount of money, if not the opposite, I just want to be sure that I don't make a bad "investment".

Well, have you played other NRS games and/or planning on playing them in the future? Are you getting MK11 as soon as it comes out? If you are getting MK11 and are going to be dedicating time to that game, then there isn't much point in buying this one. If you want to wait on MK11 until you see the results and wait until a few more characters are released, then this is a fine game to spend some time on and get used to NRS type of combat so you aren't a completely n00b when you do get MK11, especially since it is so cheap right now.

There will always be some online players to play with, right now there are even some online players in IGAU, but clearly MK11 will have the bulk of the people.

TigerMask007
1 month ago#9
nekuyr2002 posted...
TigerMask007 posted...
nekuyr2002 posted...
TigerMask007 posted...

Well, have you played other NRS games and/or planning on playing them in the future? Are you getting MK11 as soon as it comes out? If you are getting MK11 and are going to be dedicating time to that game, then there isn't much point in buying this one. If you want to wait on MK11 until you see the results and wait until a few more characters are released, then this is a fine game to spend some time on and get used to NRS type of combat so you aren't a completely n00b when you do get MK11, especially since it is so cheap right now.

There will always be some online players to play with, right now there are even some online players in IGAU, but clearly MK11 will have the bulk of the people.

I am not planning to buy MK 11, I'm not a fan of the franchise. I just want to get used to 2D fighters as many of them are coming out (power rangers battle for the grid is an example) and I2 seems like a good choice. But yeah, everyone is probably gonna stick to MK 11 instead of I2... But now that I think of it, I might buy it anyway. Really wanna get my hands on that nasty Black Manta...

TigerMask007
1 month ago#10
Oh, and one more question:

Does this version include black manta? I really need to know. :P
  1. Boards
  2. Injustice 2
  3. Is the game dead already?