You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Injustice 2
  3. spoiler!j which ending the community preffered for a sequel

User Info: Togabito

Togabito
2 months ago#21
yutterh posted...
IloveJesus posted...
maturin1919 posted...
Batman's ending. We've had two straight games of Batman v Superman; the situation needs to resolve itself and the plot needs to move forward. Neither of those things happen if Superman's ending is the canon one.

Batman's ending should be canon but to resolve the issue, a even bigger threat comes to attack the world. A threat that they will need the help of superman. Then you can have the decision of freeing him or leaving him there.

Isn't that the whole issue in IJ2 though? Batman being forced to free supes...

User Info: Kia123Amini

Kia123Amini
2 months ago#22
^Yes.

Also, DC released a comic book sequel to I2. It picks up from Superman’s ending, indicating that that’s the canon ending.

Side note, that comic series is a crossover with Heman. It sounds like interesting, dumb fun, but I’ve never actually checked it out.
\m/ RIP Ronnie James Dio, July 1942-May 2010. I hope you enjoyed your unparalleled musicianship while it lasted (all 67 years, dude). \m/
Kia123Amini posted...
^Yes.

Also, DC released a comic book sequel to I2. It picks up from Superman’s ending, indicating that that’s the canon ending.

Side note, that comic series is a crossover with Heman. It sounds like interesting, dumb fun, but I’ve never actually checked it out.

It's okay. It has some interesting moments and is on par with Batman/TMNT.

Batman's is going to be the canon ending although it does make some things difficult for IJ3.

Batman: Superman, I need to free you because John Cena got the Infinity Gems and is invading Earth.
Superman (After a brief pause): That's.....a lot to unpack but, all that aside, don't you have Kara for that sort of thing?
Batman: Yes but we still need to retrieve you and Diana so we can talk about how I have the moral high ground before I stick you in another prison.
Superman: Yeah, I think I'll just hang out in the Phantom Zone. You have fun with your thing, Batty Sue. Also, tell Kara that siding with the person who shanks you kinda makes you not family. Kthxbye.
As I would not be a slave, so I would not be a master. This expresses my idea of democracy-Abraham Lincoln

User Info: Alcaze_Gaming

Alcaze_Gaming
1 month ago#24
Not sure if anyone would even agree with me, but i'd definitely prefer Bat's ending, though i'd want a story like Superman breaking out of the phantom zone and while him and Bats are fighting the Black Lantern Corp arrives, bringing back dead characters that Superman's killed like Shazam and the Joker, push Superman to face all the people he's killed, taunting him and maybe making him feel some sort of remorse.. Not sure where it could go, but i'd like some variation, as unlikely as it is

TL:DR Black Lantern Corps comes in and messes Superman's day up

User Info: JohnMc1

JohnMc1
1 month ago#25
Ofcourse Batman's is the Canon ending. The fanboys at DC and NRS have built up Bats as the perfect Mary-Sue. He's the greatest of us all and is always right and all that nonsense. Plus turns Bats into a Cyborg would make the reaction to Sub-Zero being turned into one look pale compared to the Batfanboy outrage.

User Info: squirrel_boy

squirrel_boy
1 day ago#26
Either ending, I feel it will be tricky not to just fall into one of the other games plots (either insurgency vs rogue superman or team up to fight bigger bad). There are some spins on that I've heard mentioned, like superman freeing batman (following supermans ending) to fight the big bad as an inverse to I2, but still basically the same
  1. Boards
  2. Injustice 2
  3. spoiler!j which ending the community preffered for a sequel