• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. XCOM 2
  3. Late February update

User Info: Razer1313

Razer1313
2 years ago#1
So they released an update a couple days ago. Supposedly it fixed all the problems we've been having and allows us to use our original character pool.
Thoughts?
XBL GT: SleazyEagle72, I'll try anything if its fun!

User Info: busterwolf3

busterwolf3
2 years ago#2
I tried to load up the game and I still got the bug where you can’t even get passed the title screen.
Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moon's light
Gamertag: Busterwolf3

User Info: Razer1313

Razer1313
2 years ago#3
This expansion is awesome and I freaking love xcom and xcom 2 but this is ONE OF THE WORST and most BOTCHED launches I've ever seen... Wtf devs..
XBL GT: SleazyEagle72, I'll try anything if its fun!

User Info: T2_Inzzane

T2_Inzzane
2 years ago#4
Runs fine 90% of the time for me. The other 10% it´s crashing to dashboard in missions which means I will not try to ironman it, too frustrating.
GT: Inzzane 79 PSN: MrInzzane
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing

User Info: Jon654321

Jon654321
2 years ago#5
Re-installed and downloaded the update on Xbox one original also hoping for improved stability, access to character pool from previous vanilla version etc.

No feature changes I noticed, did not try online play. Did enable some of the alternate start features like Beta strike. Game crashed in the starting mission on enemy turn 2.
Restarted, made it to mission 2 and on turn 3 during my soldier’s movement hard system lock.

Never bothered with a 3rd try.

I will say going offline and disabling auto-saves did make for far improved load times. But that was something that helped before the patch.

Verdict: If you don’t mind manually saving after every turn and forget about Ironman it’s playable. The issue before patch was late game (10+hours in) and Lost missions where the game ground to a hard stop. No patience to find out if that’s better.
  1. Boards
  2. XCOM 2
  3. Late February update
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A