• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. XCOM 2
  3. Whats the best time to do shens last gift mission?

User Info: xiahoudun_wb

xiahoudun_wb
1 year ago#1
I think I'm still in early phase of the game now after only finishing 2-3 missions
All good things must come to an end...
PSN id: Xiahoudun2010

User Info: Soldierwarrior

Soldierwarrior
1 year ago#2
You should do it midgame.

If you have predator armor and mag weapons, then you should be more than ready for it. This is midgame to me.

If you just have Kevlar with the beginning weapons, you should just wait a little but it’s definitely do able. Bring like 2 grenadiers with the shredding ability. This is early game

If you have plasma rifles and warden armor, it won’t be much of a challenge. This is late game

User Info: Bigwakkyz

Bigwakkyz
1 year ago#3
Actually..If you can deploy 5 teammate without mag weapon or armor

you can do Shen last gift...........

This DLC is god send for "Iron man" play through.....even if you fail the mission, the game is not over.....you can try again and again (if someone die during mission......... just suicide Lily to reset that part of mission again)

If you successful pass this DLC on early game and get SPARK alive you will has easy life in iron man play through...

User Info: Soldierwarrior

Soldierwarrior
1 year ago#4
Soldierwarrior posted...

If you just have Kevlar with the beginning weapons, you should just wait a little but it’s definitely do able. Bring like 2 grenadiers with the shredding ability.

I did say in my initial post that it is doable with tier one weapons and armor. So, I don’t get why you’re getting off on making me seem like an idiot. I just mentioned that it was much safer to do it with tier 2 gear.

Bigwakkyz posted...

This DLC is god send for "Iron man" play through.....even if you fail the mission, the game is not over.....you can try again and again (if someone die during mission......... just suicide Lily to reset that part of mission

And while you can certainly “cheese” this mission by restarting via Lily’s death even in Ironman, some players don’t like doing that or see it as a cheap loophole around the Ironman setting but to each his own.

On YouTube, I’ve seen even experience players struggle with this level when they attempt it blind.

I only forgot to mention that bluescreen rounds make this level very easy. For you newer players out there, Have these equipped on a couple of your soldiers and you should be fine. I recommend equipping bluescreen rounds on each grenadier you bring and I also recommend having two Grenadiers.

User Info: clandestine47

clandestine47
1 year ago#5
Two grenadiers with shredded should do trick even with conventional gear if u have frost grenade that can help with shens abilities to stop the boss. She'll be doing the heavy lifting and in my experience rangers weren't that good here nor snipers unless u can get them in a great vantage point. Though just realized it's from last year and u probably already finished the game so congrats
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; weep, and you weep alone."
  1. Boards
  2. XCOM 2
  3. Whats the best time to do shens last gift mission?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A