Nonlethal Attacks Not Nearly Effective

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Watch Dogs 2
  3. Nonlethal Attacks Not Nearly Effective

User Info: dabomb790

dabomb790
1 year ago#1
Hey so I think it was a pretty cool and neat feature to give objects multiple hacks to tackle problems and engage enemies. The only problem with this is that I believe the electric shock ability is useless. Why? Because it puts enemies to sleep for only a short window of time, which gives you practically under a minute to do what you have to do before they wake up and alert the rest of the guards. Therefore I normally opt to perform a stealth takedown so they stay down indefinitely.

I think it's pointless to use electrical objects to shock people to sleep because even if they don't get wake up by their comrades they'll eventually get up and alert everyone else around them. I can't help but wish as I play that Ubisoft executed this differently.

User Info: thefinalzapkeet

thefinalzapkeet
1 year ago#2
One thing you can do to help is carry around a silenced weapon. Then when they're stunned, it'll just take one bulle to kill them and keep them down. I will agree that using environmental take downs is pointless since they'll usually be seen and woken up
Go the Distance is the most inspirational song ever
those that agree: 50

User Info: ilikefords

ilikefords
1 year ago#3
You can shoot them again with the stun gun and it well reset the "Z Counter" for them. Can come in handy in some situations.
[R3D] -- R6 Rider

User Info: dethK10

dethK10
1 year ago#4
thefinalzapkeet posted...
One thing you can do to help is carry around a silenced weapon. Then when they're stunned, it'll just take one bulle to kill them and keep them down. I will agree that using environmental take downs is pointless since they'll usually be seen and woken up

What a peaceful way to go. In their sleep.

User Info: thefinalzapkeet

thefinalzapkeet
1 year ago#5
ilikefords posted...
You can shoot them again with the stun gun and it well reset the "Z Counter" for them. Can come in handy in some situations.

yep, this is a good point, you can tell if they're going to wake up soon or not by how many "Z's" they have. it'll go from ZZZ, to ZZ, to Z, then wake up. like fords said, hitting them again with the stun gun will get them to ZZZ
Go the Distance is the most inspirational song ever
those that agree: 50

User Info: Paladin_Locke

Paladin_Locke
1 year ago#6
Oh come on. We all know that getting your face blown off by an exploding electric box will only make you sleepy for 2 mins.

Seriously though, have you ever been tased? I have, by someone learning how to use one. Let me tell you, there is no two minutes of sleepy time and you're good to go. Or if someone walks over and just tells you to wake up. I like the idea of non-lethal approaches, but man, at least do it in a way that makes more sense. I could understand them getting up after a time, but they would be in no way at full combat readiness for quite awhile.
  1. Boards
  2. Watch Dogs 2
  3. Nonlethal Attacks Not Nearly Effective

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived