Initial impressions? How's this game compared to the original?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Watch Dogs 2
  3. Initial impressions? How's this game compared to the original?

User Info: brush

brush
1 year ago#11
it looks very very good.. the draw distance is amazing like when you are in the middle of the map on some half island, everything all around looks just so good.... much better than in ac syndicate or gtav for example. also tons of detail.

gameplay is very fluid this seems to run at quite high fps even on normal ps4. amount of detail is very high, great cars and motos all around... driving is much improved and all vehicles drive different. i turned all HUD off for now and it makes it even more immersive..
No Sig Because Im Not Important Enough

User Info: WalterBlue

WalterBlue
1 year ago#12
Haven't played Watch Dogs in over a year. This game seems fun from what I've played so far, but the controls are a pain to get used to at the moment. >_>

User Info: Nall

Nall
1 year ago#13
Interesting. Thanks once again for all the input!! Hopefully a few more comments come in.

But it sounds like I can get this one.

User Info: WildReaper72

WildReaper72
1 year ago#14
I actually liked the first game (played on Ps3 so maybe that's why faults didn't bother me) but even still I can tell this game is tons better than the old one. Until I started playing this, I never realized how disconnected I felt from the characters in WD1, let alone how dark and gloomy Chicago was, this game feels almost like a complete turn around from the first. As a matter of fact, I can't remember the last time I got my preorder at midnight and then played a game far into the morning, I easily lost track of hours while playing WD2, just so much s*** to get into. I'm loving this game so far.

User Info: Gmoney-

Gmoney-
1 year ago#15
I enjoyed the first game but totally understood what I was getting. A Ubisoft game in that ERA. You unlock a tower and then do repetitive side quests all over the map.

Looks like they finally broke that with this game and it's awesome. DIalogue is awesome. Gameplay is stealth goodness.
All we ever see of stars is their old photographs.
PSN/XBL/MGO: RzaRecta357

User Info: GoldenHamster

GoldenHamster
1 year ago#16
I have the game but have yet to open it, I enjoyed the first but this game feels kind of cringy, I don't know if I want to commit and open it, living on the edge!
XBL - Literategrain | GS - 27423 PSN - xTheMagnificentx
White 2 FC - 3826-7442-4385

User Info: Proudchild

Proudchild
1 year ago#17
It succeeds the first in every way.

The only thing I can see people hating is the whole "Whoo, we're millenials, whoo!" style of the story.

But since millenials are most likely going to be the ones buying this game it shouldn't be a problem for most.

Nall
1 year ago#18
Proudchild posted...

The only thing I can see people hating is the whole "Whoo, we're millenials, whoo!" style of the story.

But since millenials are most likely going to be the ones buying this game it shouldn't be a problem for most.

To be honest I got that vibe from their cringey reveal trailers, but I just brushed that off as Ubisoft being Ubisoft. I can get over that.

User Info: Proudchild

Proudchild
1 year ago#19
Nall posted...
Proudchild posted...

To be honest I got that vibe from their cringey reveal trailers, but I just brushed that off as Ubisoft being Ubisoft. I can get over that.

It isn't as bad as it seems. Actually feels really natural and nobody is really over the top. It's young people having fun and nothing more.

Nall
1 year ago#20
Good to know!
  1. Boards
  2. Watch Dogs 2
  3. Initial impressions? How's this game compared to the original?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived