• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Neverwinter
  3. The new levelling system

User Info: RogsR34UK

RogsR34UK
3 months ago#1
For those not in the know, the game changed completely as far as levels are concerned. Anyone who had a character before the change had them automatically levelled to 20. The new Bard class was also brought in. For a new character levels are given for completing specific quests within the levelling areas. When an area is complete you get some Astral Diamonds and other goodies (you need to go to Adventures in the Menu to collect them).

I created a Bard and purchased the pack (on special at the time) to level it to 20. You do get a lot of decent stuff, that plus the goodies from levelling up to 20.

If you do the Level 20 thing and do the missions that would normally let you level up then the mobs in the area seem to be set at your level which does made my life difficult at times with my non-healer Bard. Strangely high level areas (Stronghold, Ashen Battlefield and Dread Ring I have tried) are considerably easier to do. I could Solo the 3 man Heroic Encounters in those areas.
PS+ for Minecraft and PS4 - RogsR35UK

User Info: darkknight338

darkknight338
3 months ago#2
RogsR34UK posted...
Anyone who had a character before the change had them automatically levelled to 20.
Looks like my Barbarian did not get that message because it was only upgrade to level 18.
Currently Playing: SRTT, Forza 4, Kingdoms of Amalur, AOT:TDC

RogsR34UK
3 months ago#3
All mine were levelled though they were between 70 and 80.

User Info: darkknight338

darkknight338
3 months ago#4
I do not recall what level my Barbarian was prior to the update. I will assume the toon was under 70.

So far the Bard feels meh. I guess I will shelf the game again until the next update.
Currently Playing: SRTT, Forza 4, Kingdoms of Amalur, AOT:TDC

RogsR34UK
3 months ago#5
I was a bit that way inclined, but having reached Lvl 20 and worked out the best Powers it does much better. Admittedly an Item Level of over 40K helps.

User Info: Azztec

Azztec
3 months ago#6
So 20 is the actual cap now? Oof. I had all my toons at 80 before I stopped playing.
She told me I was utterly incapable of making a connection. I told her I didn't have any bars.
Gamertag/PSN id: Azzerrific

RogsR34UK
3 months ago#7
20 is the new 80. All your gear should have its same Item level at 20 that it had at 80.

User Info: Azztec

Azztec
3 months ago#8
Very intriguing. I'm half-tempted to re-install and check it out (not to mention give the Bard a go).
She told me I was utterly incapable of making a connection. I told her I didn't have any bars.
Gamertag/PSN id: Azzerrific
  1. Boards
  2. Neverwinter
  3. The new levelling system
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A