• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Neverwinter
  3. Question about VIP status (and leaving it)

User Info: Inxentas

Inxentas
6 months ago#1
How does this game handle temporary VIP status?

In Eve Online, a bunch of skills are locked/unlocked when you are subscribed/unsubscribed. Meaning you can play for free at reduced skill level. The "freemium" model.

In Final Fantasy XIV, any character that has been active under a paid period cannot be logged into at all when you don't have an active subscription running. The "all or nothing" model.

So say I get 4 months of VIP and grind my ass off. Once I quit paying, can I still play with my existing characters?
Kept you waiting, huh?
(edited 6 months ago)

User Info: Azztec

Azztec
6 months ago#2
I haven't been on NW for close to a year now, but unless they have drastically changed how it functions in that time, you should be fine after letting your VIP status lapse.

Most of VIP's perks are account-wide as opposed to character-specific. This means that things like the increased xp gain, summonable mailbox, summonable bank etc will simply be available to you as long as you have the VIP status active. Once you let it lapse, those perks will no longer apply, but your characters will still be 100% playable. Most of the perks are quality of life goodies, and aren't impossible to live without once they're gone, although losing injury immunity stings a bit.

The only other thing I'll mention here is that even with four months VIP, you won't have access to everything available, as the game spreads the perks out across 12 ranks. Each month of VIP you have grants an extra rank and additional bonuses. You don't lose these ranks, so even if you take a six month break and choose to get another month of VIP, it'll take your previous status into account and upgrade you up another rank. I can't remember what perks unlock at each rank, but you can check them out in-game. There was talk back before I stopped playing about changing the ranks system and just making it all available without needing to rank up over 12 months, but I don't know if anything came of that talk... if my info's outdated then I apologise.
She told me I was utterly incapable of making a connection. I told her I didn't have any bars.
Gamertag/PSN id: Azzerrific

User Info: Inxentas

Inxentas
6 months ago#3
Thank you. It seems indeed the perks you get are designed so they can be turned on and off depending on account status.
Kept you waiting, huh?
  1. Boards
  2. Neverwinter
  3. Question about VIP status (and leaving it)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A