• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Neverwinter
  3. Advice, or suggestion for this 2 x refine?

User Info: MrReauxx

MrReauxx
2 years ago#1
I havent really prepared for this 2 x refine next weekend because i was away for close to a month honestly. logged got VIP/Proffs logged off. So, im sitting about 30 ( few more by next weekend) keys that ill pop here soon and flip for whatever profit i can get off of it. Im sitting on 1.5m AD. I have a 'fair' amount of refine sitting on alts. 2 x union and 2 x power artifacts i think (that i bought for 15-20k loong time back) so going to use those as feeders and go from there.

Im looking at this for options via AD: buy more pres wards? sitting at stack for 20 for about 79k. Upgrade my R9 bondings (their r9 fully upgraded) neededing another set to upgrade to 10's. their sitting at 399k per.

Should i invest into these bondings or dump more into the marks/pres wards first? ik their pricy since its so close.. why im ehh debating on it honestly.
PSN IS: MrReaux
Diablo 3: UEE - DH // NW // Division

User Info: Lil_Monkey665

Lil_Monkey665
2 years ago#2
Oh man double refinement next weekend?

Looks like i should have come back a few weeks ago lol
PSN: BobDole112
Neverwinter lvl 70 CW Thia Moonshadow

User Info: TG_Wolf

TG_Wolf
2 years ago#3
For 2x RP the Priority list is always:

- Artifacts
- Artifact Cloak/Belt
- Artifact Weapon
- Weapon/Armor Enchant (max its RP)
- Enchantments on the character (max their RP)
- Bondings
- Enchants on the companion

Remember that 2x RP is all about pouring the RP into things, upgrades can be done anytime. If you have spare Thaum. stones just pour them into extra R7s and put them on an alt to hold. Or you could flip any unbound Thaums. you don't need on the AH for a profit.

If you are capable of upgrading or need to, to put more RP into something then do that only then.

Keep anything with a 1% upgrade chance to do later, have a good stock of Preservation Wards for everything else. Work out if it's currently cheaper to buy from AH or convert to Zen and buy there.

Roughly calculate any Greater Marks you'll be needing, try to get them now if the prices are still not ultra inflated.

And for why Belts/Necks are more important than Weapons?

If you haven't prepared early with supplies and it seems too late then stick to the basics and wait for the price fall on items for later upgrading.

Which one do you replace more? Hmm?
[Furry and Proud of it ^_^] DTAMFTCSATW
Official: Madara Uchiha of all Existence, Muu of UNSR/4 Boards, Saberwulf of KI Board and Cyber Smoke of the MKX Boards

User Info: MrReauxx

MrReauxx
2 years ago#4
Lil_Monkey665 posted...
Oh man double refinement next weekend?

Looks like i should have come back a few weeks ago lol

yeahh man ive recently come back also. im no where never prepared for these damn 2 x moments lol. WB btw.

p.s. Thanks Wolf.
PSN IS: MrReaux
Diablo 3: UEE - DH // NW // Division

User Info: TimeOfTheDark

TimeOfTheDark
2 years ago#5
TG_Wolf posted...

- Artifacts
- Artifact Cloak/Belt
- Artifact Weapon
- Bondings

Remember that 2x RP is all about pouring the RP into things, upgrades can be done anytime. If you have spare Thaum. stones just pour them into extra R7s and put them on an alt to hold. Or you could flip any unbound Thaums. you don't need on the AH for a profit.

If you are capable of upgrading or need to, to put more RP into something then do that only then.

Keep anything with a 1% upgrade chance to do later, have a good stock of Preservation Wards for everything else. Work out if it's currently cheaper to buy from AH or convert to Zen and buy there.

Roughly calculate any Greater Marks you'll be needing, try to get them now if the prices are still not ultra inflated.

If you haven't prepared early with supplies and it seems too late then stick to the basics and wait for the price fall on items for later upgrading.

No.

No.

No.

Bondings and companion enchants are the single most important things. Artifacts are literally one of the weakest upgrades you can do. Bondings and a companion with tge right enchants will give you an increase of thousands to key stats. Yoyr artifact gices you what, a few hundred stats?

Weapons get stronger the more you level them and give you extra enhacement slots at a certain level.

TG_Wolf
2 years ago#6
TimeOfTheDark posted...
TG_Wolf posted...

- Artifacts
- Artifact Cloak/Belt
- Artifact Weapon
- Bondings

No.

No.

No.

Bondings and companion enchants are the single most important things. Artifacts are literally one of the weakest upgrades you can do. Bondings and a companion with tge right enchants will give you an increase of thousands to key stats. Yoyr artifact gices you what, a few hundred stats?

Weapons get stronger the more you level them and give you extra enhacement slots at a certain level.

And this shows your lack of experience with not just Neverwinter but MMOs in general.

Stats don't matter in the slightest if you lack the minimum necessary iLvL to access the next tier of content, even with the upcoming changes to iLvL, Bondings count for less than 1% of your overall score.

So what if you get 2000 extra stat points from the bondings rather than 800-1000 from Artifacts/equipment, chances are you were already doing perfectly fine in your current content tier, that's not going to make a significant difference and now you've consigned yourself to another 2-3 months of being unable to access the next level of content that holds key items/gear needed for your progression.

And if you weren't doing fine your iLvL is just that bit too low for your current content and needs the boost that comes optimally from Artifacts and Artifact Gear in that order.

By the time you reach 3.5-3.8k then of course your Artifacts and Gear will already be maxed out, even then it's still the always active enchantments on your character that take precedence over anything else as well as your Weapon/Armor enchant (required upgrade materials willing).

Not to mention, Thaum. stones aren't used for anything else but enchants/runestones so what your resources go toward is moot.

Power/Stab./Union. stones and Enchantment/Runestone stacks go to Artifacts
Resonance/Jewels go to Artifact gear
Thaum. stones go to all Enchants and Runestones from Weapon/Armor to Bonding.
Official: Madara Uchiha of all Existence, Muu of UNSR/4 Boards, Saberwulf of KI Board and Cyber Smoke of the MKX Boards

TimeOfTheDark
2 years ago#7
You dont know anything, please dont spread your ignorance here. First of all, bondings arent "just a 2k" stat increase. You can reach tens of thousands in multiple stats. They are the single most important upgrade you can do. You also probably dont even know that party buffs can affect companions, and you are getting those stats again in almost triple the amount. Thats the reason your best enchants go on your companion, because youll get whatever that is at 95%x3.

Currently item level is a meaningless stat. When mod 11b hits, the only people who have to worry about not being high enoygh for dungeons are s***ters who spent all their time and ad on meaningless upgrades solely for an il

Im in a serious guild that's in one of the top three alliances on ps4. A couple months ago you were asking (dumb) questions on this board about this game, and now your newb ass thinks youre an expert.

Post your il and your current power and crit so you can prove my point.

User Info: The_Red_God_Z

The_Red_God_Z
2 years ago#8
Hmmmm. Interesting topic, certainly some mixed opinions.

In all fairness there's only the individuals goal that maters. If you are looking for raw stat increase look to your bondings and the enchantments in them.

If Item levels the way you want to go, focus on your artifacts and getting all slotted enchantments to r10s...best case cenario you will hit 3.1kgs which is golden for endgame entry.

I will say bondings ARE what set's dps classes apart so if you feel like you're not "contributing" start with leveling your bondings to atleast 10s.

As for myself i did it the long way and maxed my gs, then swapped and augment for a bonded companion honestly either way is fine.
All bow to the Red God, lest you burn ~ Neverwinter

TG_Wolf
2 years ago#9
TimeOfTheDark posted...
You dont know anything, please dont spread your ignorance here. First of all, bondings arent "just a 2k" stat increase. You can reach tens of thousands in multiple stats. They are the single most important upgrade you can do. You also probably dont even know that party buffs can affect companions, and you are getting those stats again in almost triple the amount. Thats the reason your best enchants go on your companion, because youll get whatever that is at 95%x3.

Currently item level is a meaningless stat. When mod 11b hits, the only people who have to worry about not being high enoygh for dungeons are s***ters who spent all their time and ad on meaningless upgrades solely for an il

Im in a serious guild that's in one of the top three alliances on ps4. A couple months ago you were asking (dumb) questions on this board about this game, and now your newb ass thinks youre an expert.

Post your il and your current power and crit so you can prove my point.

I almost, ALMOST was just provided with the knowledge necessary to create a device that allows you to slap some sense into someone over the internet simply because the universe itself cannot fathom the depths of your ineptitude. And yes, I'm being a lot more polite than I should be for your own good.

Who am I going to but more stock into hmm?

Me:

- Began playing Neverwinter in Pre-release on PC and not counting days on which the game shards themselves were offline, have not missed a single day of playtime.
- Owner of 3 separate accounts over 2 platforms comprising 113 Active characters.
- Creator of the 2nd Guild EVER to be made in the game that was not made by the Dev. Team.
- The sole player for over a month, who when the game released for ps4, took the time to come to these boards and provide guidance and council for the new players and who is still here today.

or

You:

- Never seen you before today
- Don't even have triple digit Karma
- Have clearly either honestly confused me with someone else or just suffer from ill-informed verbal diarrhea.
- If you are also a Veteran of the game, based on you not being here day 1 to assist the new players are lazy, selfish and a general embarrassment for going so long without having the most basic knowledge.

and unrelated to the game but

- Based on your attitude, are just a colossal... sad, sad individual.

Again, being politer than you deserve.

Hmm so I wonder who I'd go with if I were a 3rd party...?

Don't bother answering, you too have earned the privilege of the title "Official Ignored User of GFAQs" a very prestigious honor granted to assuredly only the absolute most deserving of it.

It comes with the fantastic bonus of, like your credibility, my "f***s given" about you from this point forward are: Nonexistent.

And I am truly grateful for this removal of what has been on this day, a mild waste of my time.

Reauxx. Sorry this s*** always happens in your threads. To you I apologize.

TimeOfTheDark
2 years ago#10
Ive been posting here since release
  1. Boards
  2. Neverwinter
  3. Advice, or suggestion for this 2 x refine?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers