• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Neverwinter
  3. Guardian Fighter or Oathbound Paladin PvE Solo?

User Info: Fiach

Fiach
2 years ago#1
Which is best for solo levelling please?

Thanks for any help :)
Opinions are like testicles. Kick them hard enough, it doesnt matter how many you got.... -Varric

User Info: mikemi79

mikemi79
2 years ago#2
OP is the easy choice. Between survivability, heals and decent damage while leveling, you'd be just fine. GF's are decent tanks and can do decent dps when geared but I really didn't like the play style and had far more fun with my OP.
PSN: overload792001

User Info: jrdiiorio

jrdiiorio
2 years ago#3
Gf can be specd for higher dps but both can do decent damage.

User Info: mikemi79

mikemi79
2 years ago#4
He's right, however a tank's job is to tank, not lead paingiver boards. GF's can also pull more aggro but the OP is more of a Swiss Army knife. The OP can heal, tank, buff and do dps, all more effectively than a GF. It'll just be up to you whether to spec for an end game tank build (Protection) or end game healadin build (Devotion). Both are solid ways to go and both are welcome additions in dungeon groups.
PSN: overload792001

User Info: kittyface

kittyface
2 years ago#5
GF Daily most used: Villian's Menace. Encounters: Into the fray(never leaves) Enforced Threat(sub with Commander's Strike on boss unless they spawn adds that need directing) and Knight's Valor(rarely don't have slotted, Commander's Strike occasionally subs this) So tanking is really it. I do my best dmg if in a poor dps group. GF tops when the other classes flounder. It isn't hard to survive and do steady dmg after properly geared, but I didn't really enjoy GF until passing 3k. Steel Blitz and Combat Superiority are for dps, Shield Talent and Enhanced Mark are for Greywolf boss(and mobs if you're under 50%dmg reduction and\or middling cleric)

kittyface
2 years ago#6
GF solo would use Cleave until Weap Master Strike for 2 or more enemies and Crushing Surge for single. Swordmaster into Conquerer. Wear standard Cruel gear. Lunging Strike or Griffon's Wrath may be better solo than Commander's Strike. Into the fray is always good. Knight's valor in groups, it'll make ppl feel good about you.

User Info: Fiach

Fiach
2 years ago#7
I'm pretty sure it will be only for solo play, so heal isn't really a needed skill as pots will do fine I'm thinking.

Thanks for the replies guys!

@kittyface, thanks for those combat power tips, I have only one slot left, so I'll give Gf a shot first and see how it goes.

Thanks again guys!
Opinions are like testicles. Kick them hard enough, it doesnt matter how many you got.... -Varric

kittyface
2 years ago#8
I learnt most of it from ppl mentioning it. Took me awhile to see the value of the various GF utilities,everything listed above is good. Ppl need a tank and love the speed dmg and dmg reduction you will provide. Get a Black Stallion for the 15% movement and stamina bonus, it's really good. A paladin should sell that class, don't let the conversation be swung so easy. Tell us about the divine glory

User Info: rabutearl

rabutearl
2 years ago#9
I love Enforced Threat for Guardian Fighter, just run to middle of group and BAMM!! All Dead except mini bosses and stuff, big fun !!! And Griffon's Wrath can be used 3 times before needing re-charge.
Wish one of the at wills was a ranged shield bash ( thought it was Threatening Rush but nope, it shorter range than Tide of Iron) , only pally has that .
Kajun Nation, Kajunation1965, Rababooi, robertandshe, @kajunman2050
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Neverwinter
  3. Guardian Fighter or Oathbound Paladin PvE Solo?
  • Topic Archived