• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
  3. Help with job combinations

User Info: Noxturnal22

Noxturnal22
2 months ago#1
Here is my current plan
knight/Bushi - vann
shikari/white - Balthier
Black/time or black/monk - penelop
uhlan/time or Uhlan/archer - Ashe
monk/bushi - Basch
white/machinist - Fran

"Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia = Fear of long words."

User Info: Hinnyuu

Hinnyuu
2 months ago#2
Have you checked the new sticky, "A Quick Guide to Jobs"?

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/191202-final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age/78663035

It has a lot of good information in it (certainly more than the outdated stickies, stay away from those :P).

Your setup looks solid for the most part, though Black/Monk is not very good (Black/Time is, though!) and Uhlan/Archer is disappointing (because Archer always is). You probably don't need two Time Battlemages, so you might want to switch that Uhlan to something more useful like Uhlan/White. You also might want to consider switching Monk/Bushi to Monk/Foebreaker for more midgame power (depending on whether you want to get Vrscika early).

What is your goal in your setup?

User Info: Noxturnal22

Noxturnal22
2 months ago#3
i played the game several years ago. I don’t care about using all classes.

I do hate having to constantly change gambits so my goal is to min/max a 4 or 5 man team where I sub in characters based on optimal situation such as using an Uhlan for flying or mage to clear aoe
"Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia = Fear of long words."

User Info: Hinnyuu

Hinnyuu
2 months ago#4
Monk poles also hit flying enemies in TZA (and there's VERY few flying enemies to begin with). Uhlan is really only useful for Zodiac Spear, and that's not even THAT much better than other big hitters like Tournesol.

With the new multiple gambit loadouts you shouldn't have to do too many on-the-fly adjustments to the gambit list, but of course the tougher boss battles and so on will on occasion warrant a manual tweak or two.

User Info: ksir1

ksir1
2 months ago#5
Knight/Bushi
Uhlan/Bushi
Shikari/White

Monk/Bushi
Black/Time
Black/Red

That should be a good enough party to do more most of the things you want in the game. I usually run with the parties set up in that grouping but obviously you can mix and match. If you give your Time mage Zeromus then you have access to all 4 breaks. One of the downsides to this setup is that your black/red does not have access to 3 swiftness.

Personally, I find Foebreaker extremely underwhelming. Archer and machinist have never been that useful to me in a normal run through (machinist has some implications if you do not want to run a time mage as they can learn hastega through espers).
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
  3. Help with job combinations
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A