• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
  3. So, are there options to change the game system's language?

User Info: Aryllies

Aryllies
1 year ago#1
Hello there, I was simply curious now that the game is kind of available in some parts of the world.

Is there an option to change the game system language ?

I already know that it is possible to toggle between English and Japanese voices but it's really hard to get any real confirmation about the system's language.

If it is, could you guys tell me what the options are?

Thanks in advance.

User Info: mieumieu

mieumieu
1 year ago#2
Aryllies posted...
Hello there, I was simply curious now that the game is kind of available in some parts of the world.

Is there an option to change the game system language ?

I already know that it is possible to toggle between English and Japanese voices but it's really hard to get any real confirmation about the system's language.

If it is, could you guys tell me what the options are?

Thanks in advance.

The in-game text language probably depends on your PS4 system language.

Aryllies
1 year ago#3
Well, I sure as hell would hope so but I'd like to get some confirmation before I buy the Japanese version for a friend on the 13th...

If anyone's got some proof I'm all ears.

Aryllies
1 year ago#4
And...bump.

I'm sure SOMEONE knows by now.

User Info: Devil N

Devil N
1 year ago#5
mieumieu posted...

I can confirm.

I just changed the PS4's system language to German, and the game's text and subtitles switched to German. Changed the PS4's system language to Japanese, and now all of the game's subtitles are in Japanese. For some reason the main menu is still in English when in Japanese mode, even though it was in German when I switched to that language.
"Finally, Rez is no longer ahead of its time." - 1up

User Info: ZodiacSoldier

ZodiacSoldier
1 year ago#6
I just tried it, if you change the system language to Japanese, all the menus and dialogue text changes to Japanese too.
3DS FC: 3797-9082-8623 // 2DS FC: 0276-2240-8971 (Alt)
Switch FC: SW-6184-3549-7403 // FE Fates CC: 14211-52887-12563-84373

User Info: ZodiacSoldier

ZodiacSoldier
1 year ago#7
Devil N posted...
mieumieu posted...

I can confirm.

I just changed the PS4's system language to German, and the game's text and subtitles switched to German. Changed the PS4's system language to Japanese, and now all of the game's subtitles are in Japanese. For some reason the main menu is still in English when in Japanese mode, even though it was in German when I switched to that language.

He must be referring to the loading menu, IE New game, Continue, Trial mode, Credit, this is indeed still in English

The actual in Game Menu where you change parties, items etc, is in Japanese.
3DS FC: 3797-9082-8623 // 2DS FC: 0276-2240-8971 (Alt)
Switch FC: SW-6184-3549-7403 // FE Fates CC: 14211-52887-12563-84373

User Info: Devil N

Devil N
1 year ago#8
Yeah, I was referring to the title screen menu. The in-game menus are in Japanese when switched to that language.
"Finally, Rez is no longer ahead of its time." - 1up

Aryllies
1 year ago#9
Thanks a lot guys. :)

With that i can safely assume the Japanese version of the game will switch to English if the ps4 language settings are set to English.

You guys rock. As does gamefaqs.

See you around!

User Info: sneakysam007

sneakysam007
1 year ago#10
well, I brought the PSN version from playstation asia - and there's no menu option to change language from Chinese. It's stuck in Chinese even when ps4 system language is in English.

Btw, no indication it was a chinese version only in PS STORE.... I'm screwed, can't read chinese....
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
  3. So, are there options to change the game system's language?
  • Topic Archived