• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2
  3. Do you like the Power Pole+Nimbus transformation for Earthlings?

User Info: colejj

colejj
5 years ago#41
TheTruthSayer posted...
colejj posted...
After a little superficial research, it turns out that Nimbus (Nimbi? Nimbuses?) have clear limits.

1) Max Speed: Mach 1 (Daizensshu 7)

2) Cannot fly higher than Korin's Tower (Korin)

3) Can be destroyed (Tambourine)

1) Characters aren't that fast in-game, so it's not really a problem.

2) I doubt that rule would be incorporated, because then Earthlings can't transform on Kami's Lookout or the Space stages.

3) I forgot about that. I wonder if you get hit with an Ultimate, it'll force you to lose the transformation. Doubtful, but I think it'd be interesting. It'd mean you'd have to be extra weary against a SSJ, since you'd not only lose your transformation if you get hit by their Ultimate, but because of the Ult stat boost from SSJ, you'd also take extra damage.

I agree. It would be interesting if Nimbus could be destroyed, however. Doubtful, though. Itd have to be really good to offset such a weakness.

After all, it's not like Shining Slash suddenly becomes useless against anyone stronger than 18, and she broke Tapion's Sword without even trying.
PSN: mrtwothumbs89

User Info: colejj

colejj
5 years ago#42
Blusmj posted...
colejj posted...
After a little superficial research, it turns out that Nimbus (Nimbi? Nimbuses?) have clear limits.

1) Max Speed: Mach 1 (Daizensshu 7)

2) Cannot fly higher than Korin's Tower (Korin)

3) Can be destroyed (Tambourine)

I had hope that he could change :[

Baby steps, Blusmj, baby steps. :)
PSN: mrtwothumbs89

User Info: QuickLava

QuickLava
5 years ago#43
I personally like it, I think its a unique and creative concept for a power up. But understand that that's what this is: a power up. Not a transformation. Humans just don't transform. Simple as that.
"Are you saying you wouldn't get a boner if you were hugged by literal perfection?" - LustforPerfection, 2016

User Info: macknifficent89

macknifficent89
5 years ago#44
it's pretty f***ing stupid.

User Info: PsiOblivion

PsiOblivion
5 years ago#45
QuickLava posted...
Humans just don't transform. Simple as that.

Actually, for that one, i'll use the same thing everyone else says when logic is trying to be applied to this......"its a game".
Just let people be. If its not hurting you or anyone else, just mind your own business.

User Info: QuickLava

QuickLava
5 years ago#46
PsiOblivion posted...
QuickLava posted...

Actually, for that one, i'll use the same thing everyone else says when logic is trying to be applied to this......"its a game".

I still don't get that line of logic. Breaking inherent rules of our own reality (real life that is) in fictional media is perfectly fine. In an anime orvideo game, there's no law that states that everything has to function accurately to real life. That's fine. But when you totally disregard aspects of the universe that you yourself have established, that's just not okay. Pulling a transformation out of your ass and dropping it onto the Human race contradicts one of the species' essential characteristics: the lack of the ability to transform. Sure it's a hindrance, but it is a part of what separates them from similar races. Game or not, it is one of the characteristics that Akira Toriyama attributed to that race.

"Are you saying you wouldn't get a boner if you were hugged by literal perfection?" - LustforPerfection, 2016

User Info: Kyotanaka

Kyotanaka
5 years ago#47
PsiOblivion posted...
QuickLava posted...

Even if its a game humans shouldnt transform. Its pretty stupid, because if they do then they're not humans.

User Info: Kyojo777

Kyojo777
5 years ago#48
Kyotanaka posted...
PsiOblivion posted...
QuickLava posted...

Even if its a game humans shouldnt transform. Its pretty stupid, because if they do then they're not humans.

Please elaborate.
I feel you! I feel you deeply! Your feeling I can feel deeply!

User Info: PsiOblivion

PsiOblivion
5 years ago#49
QuickLava posted...
I still don't get that line of logic. Breaking inherent rules of our own reality (real life that is) in fictional media is perfectly fine. In an anime orvideo game, there's no law that states that everything has to function accurately to real life. That's fine. But when you totally disregard aspects of the universe that you yourself have established, that's just not okay. Pulling a transformation out of your ass and dropping it onto the Human race contradicts one of the species' essential characteristics: the lack of the ability to transform. Sure it's a hindrance, but it is a part of what separates them from similar races. Game or not, it is one of the characteristics that Akira Toriyama attributed to that race.

Well the thing is, people like you keep thinking we literally mean transformation when in hindsight, we actually mean powerup. Not asking to grow extra arms, or sprout fur out their bodies. But something simple like body markings and a different stronger aura. So.....there is that. I'd also like to point out, I blame toriyama. Maybe if he made the humans more relevant and gave them some sort of powerup. Hell even this power pole nimbus thing would show that he cares for the earthlings anymore, but now they've been reduced to spectator status.
Kyotanaka posted...

If what your saying is true, then when saiyan transforms, shouldn't that make them a new species as well? Ergo, the term super human would suffice for a human powerup. I mean technically they are already super humans but yo get the point.
Just let people be. If its not hurting you or anyone else, just mind your own business.

User Info: Reuan

Reuan
5 years ago#50
PsiOblivion posted...
we actually mean powerup. Not asking to grow extra arms, or sprout fur out their bodies. But something simple like body markings and a different stronger aura

Are you really still asking for that nonexistent thing? Even the options you said you don't want was better.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2
  3. Do you like the Power Pole+Nimbus transformation for Earthlings?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A