Is it worth the extra $20 to play a couple days early?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Battlefield 1
  3. Is it worth the extra $20 to play a couple days early?

User Info: Lintfosho

Lintfosho
1 year ago#1
I realize this is totally subjective, but what is your opinion? I would love to get a couple days jump on the majority of people but the other extras you get for your $20 are just cosmetic arn't they? It's only $20 but hell, money is money.
XBox One: Lint1987

User Info: GTAcrazy

GTAcrazy
1 year ago#2
Not for me.
I don't believe in this play early bull crap they came up with and refuse to fund it.
GamerTag: Major Sousa

User Info: masterspy007

masterspy007
1 year ago#3
I sprung for the xtra 20 quid to play this early and to me it was worth it. It's up to you though as to whether you feel it will be worth it. I think it depends on how much time you plan to dedicate to the game during the extra days available. If you are going to put in a 10 hour power session, then I'd say it's worth it. If you are only going to play for a few hours, then no.
XBOX Live Gamertag: masterspy007
PSN ID: mtbatey

User Info: Lintfosho

Lintfosho
1 year ago#4
Thanks for the opinions guys! It helps.
XBox One: Lint1987

User Info: Sneaky Assassin

Sneaky Assassin
1 year ago#5
Yeah it was worth it to start playing yesterday but paying for it to start today I'm not sure.

The 5 extra battlepacks were worth it, as they random now rather than rank bonus
http://imgur.com/KF356Id

User Info: CupOPwnSauce

CupOPwnSauce
1 year ago#6
Nope. If anything just sign up for EA access for 5 bucks and get your 10 hours in. I'd say worth it, if you picked it up at the time of release on Monday.
http://www.youtube.com/user/lRoboToast
Twitter - @lrobotoast

User Info: Agnostic420

Agnostic420
1 year ago#7
Thankfully I drink 2 of the big ass monsters to survive a day at work so Ill get get some that way.

I however am mad at myself for throwing former cans away before I decided to get the game.
GT: DHG MumfordsSon
Warlock Sunsinger 30

User Info: zcicecold

zcicecold
1 year ago#8
It's not early. For years, new games dropped on Tuesdays. In reality, they just charged a bunch of people $80 for a game. They're just testing the waters on a price increase.

Would it be worth $20 to rent a game for 3 days? That's the question, and I'd hope most people would say no.

User Info: Darkside_Shadow

Darkside_Shadow
1 year ago#9
Yes think of the waves of noobs on friday

User Info: fftstudent

fftstudent
1 year ago#10
If you were to ask someone who fishes or hunts the same question. Then yes, they would gladly fork over $20 bucks to do something earlier that they enjoy.

I acknowledge that it is a dirty, underhanded tactic preying on people's impatience. But, money comes and goes.

It's $20, pull it out of your savings or skip eating out or something else to make up for it.
Nothing of Great value & Worth was ever gained without some form of chance taking or risk.
  1. Boards
  2. Battlefield 1
  3. Is it worth the extra $20 to play a couple days early?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived