• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
  3. What's supposed to be so bad about this game?
LenDar22 1 year ago#1
I'm only a couple hours into it so far. I picked this up on a sale.

Okay, the story isn't Shakespeare. But it's awesomely cinematic and the scenario design I find pretty brilliant (i.e. very modern "COD" in a good way).

I was actually playing MW2 for the first time because of the remaster is I did MW1 WAY back when it first came out. MW2 is really good, although I'm scratching my head at very stupid enemies (practically run out to get shot) and the general identity crisis of something trying to feel realistic and visceral (like you're really a soldier in modern times) with outrageously unbelievable, downright arcade-y action. MW1 was definitely similar, as I recall.

IW feels oddly smarter, and the Hollywood action makes a lot more sense in a completely fanciful setting. It's not the greatest thing ever but it feels great for its place in the genre.

In the end, yeah COD is made-by-committee fare. But for that, it seems great to me if I go with it for what it is.

PS5 = Series X = Wii U = 3DS >>>>>>>>>>>>> Switch.
Seanie1200 1 year ago#2
Ok, I'm late to the party here but I've just started it and I'm enjoying it a lot too. I think the issue with it is that after Advanced Warfare and Black Ops 3 lots of people didn't like the futuristic setting and wanted a return to the presentt day military style of the Modern Warfare games. People didn't like the multiplayer changes like wall running and double jumps for the same reason - they wanted a retutn to MW/MW2 style of play.

I think if it had come out under another name it would have been received more favourably.
Help fight cancer when your phone is charging. Check this link: https://www.vodafone.com.au/foundation/dreamlab
(edited 1 year ago)
LenDar22 1 year ago#3
Seanie1200 posted...
Ok, I'm late to the party here but I've just started it and I'm enjoying it a lot too. I think the issue with it is that after Advanced Warfare and Black Ops 3 lots of people didn't like the futuristic setting and wanted a return to the presentt day military style of the Modern Warfare games. People didn't like the multiplayer changes like wall running and double jumps for the same reason - they wanted a retutn to MW/MW2 style of play.

I think if it had come out under another name it would have been received more favourably.

Sure, maybe it's cheap that they just used the "Call of Duty" franchise to get attention, but oddly I feel like it must be nostalgia glasses to think that other entries like MW2 were all that much better or at least deny that IW has things going for it.

Maybe my problem is that I haven't even played a CoD game since the "first" MW game, so I'm not comparing it to any other CoD game since then. Maybe if I had, I'd see it differently.
PS5 = Series X = Wii U = 3DS >>>>>>>>>>>>> Switch.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
  3. What's supposed to be so bad about this game?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A