• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Chase Turbo
  3. On Masters. Not collecting all coins in 3 out of 4 maps, loses you win award

User Info: MAGIC_WEEGIE

MAGIC_WEEGIE
11 months ago#1
It's my thinking that when you collect all coins from the three out of 4 maps that have them. This is taken in to account should you end on say 78 points with 2nd place contender. Missed coins is why the A.I. gets awarded the win, for you didn't complete all tasks in the races?
Does this sound tight to you guys?

User Info: LuckyMouse

LuckyMouse
9 months ago#2
It isn't uncommon for games to award the win to the CPU rather than the player in case of a draw.

That isn't to say that your theory couldn't be true, but I would think that the game is just "unfair" like that and that the coins are just for an extra nitro boost.

Tournaments on Masters are pretty s*** in this game though.

Looking at the results page, pretty much all cars always end in the same position as the final point tally is generally a list of steps of 4. You're basically just doing a one on one race with the racers that always finishes on top and even then, you need to win at least 3 times with the fourth race coming in second or you lose.

Cars should really be a bit more balanced in tournaments to have an element of surprise in them, but in this game you pretty much know by the first race who's going to win if you don't win every. single. race. except one where you need to finish second.

User Info: LuckyMouse

LuckyMouse
9 months ago#3
According to a guide on psnprofiles.com in case of a draw, the racer that won the last race will be the winner.

Although there are apparently rare cases where this isn't the case.

User Info: Ebilryu

Ebilryu
7 months ago#4
LuckyMouse posted...
According to a guide on psnprofiles.com in case of a draw, the racer that won the last race will be the winner.

Although there are apparently rare cases where this isn't the case.

I think i won the first and last race once and still lost...
Imo in draw cases you just get 2nd place because it's how the game works.
Just win the first 3 races and get 2nd or 3rd in the last one and you're good.
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Chase Turbo
  3. On Masters. Not collecting all coins in 3 out of 4 maps, loses you win award
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A