• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: samman

samman
1 year ago#1
I had made some other posts regarding how the AI was actually very lenient in the world tour, and that despite messing up in the first lap, you could still catch up in the 2nd and 3rd lap. However, now that I'm playing tournament mode, and playing the amateur levels with the basic maps, I see that the AI is not actually lenient at all. I have noticed the difficulty in the AI actually spikes up, then drops down to almost comically bad.

Some evidence:

I play the Machinna, so naturally, there will be cars faster than me. In world tour, my basic strategy was to overtake them on turns (and since all the later maps have a billion turns, this worked out pretty well), and use boost on straight lines so they couldn't overtake me. However, I've noticed 2 things:

1) Cars that I should be faster than, are faster than me, and vice versa (i.e. the stats of the car you see for your selection, don't seem to correlate to when the AI uses them)

2) Cars that are faster than me in the first lap (i.e. driving in a straight line side by side, with my car at max speed, the other car overtakes me), I can somehow now drive faster than them in the 3rd lap (i.e. same straight line, same max speed, but now I'm overtaking them).

3) Unrealistic speeds at turns or even straight lines by the AI in the first lap (and sometimes the 2nd on the later tournaments). Basically, I use the Machinna, this car is supposed to have I believe the 2nd or 3rd best handling in the game. When I use boost...on a turn...going basically like 200mph....the car in front of me is going faster than me, on the same turn. Or when I use the fastest car in the game (can't remember it's name, but it's the one with max speed)....and I use boost....and the car in front of me is still going faster than me (in a straight line).

The issue is, the AI becomes dumb as f*** once you hit the 3rd lap. I'm now faster than all the cars, even cars that should be faster than me, cars that in the previous laps were faster than me, and even when I slow down (for some of the turns for example, or even if I crash), I'm still faster than them.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I'm currently just playing around in the amateur tournaments and endurance. But I hear the later tournaments can get pretty difficult, and I really have no desire to play the higher tournaments if the difficulty is artificially inflated by super OP AI.
Bro

User Info: kapnquasar

kapnquasar
1 year ago#2
You must beat them... ALL of them. They will gnaw at you until you have Triumphed!!! (yes, some people may have said some things...whatever.)
---
Something has changed. The world feels strange now. Even the way the clouds move isn't right. -Matsuko Ito

User Info: Snowstorm1920

Snowstorm1920
1 year ago#3
Wait until the master tournaments and endurance mode.
The AI does it's best to make you lose. the stats become sort of relevant but still adjust speed stats a LITTLE.
Practical walls of cars at the start, if you don't make it pass in lap one, you lose.
Cars push you off the road in the corners.
Cars you passed using boost to hit you and slow you down.
The auto upgrade the tournaments gives is not sufficient on fuel for the tracks played on.
The AI saving boost until you reach them on lap 3, then bombing boost every time you get close.
And more.
Trying to clear the long endurance (109 races) so I can get the last car. That's been my experience so far playing this game.

User Info: samman

samman
1 year ago#4
Snowstorm1920 posted...
Wait until the master tournaments and endurance mode.
The AI does it's best to make you lose. the stats become sort of relevant but still adjust speed stats a LITTLE.
Practical walls of cars at the start, if you don't make it pass in lap one, you lose.
Cars push you off the road in the corners.
Cars you passed using boost to hit you and slow you down.
The auto upgrade the tournaments gives is not sufficient on fuel for the tracks played on.
The AI saving boost until you reach them on lap 3, then bombing boost every time you get close.
And more.
Trying to clear the long endurance (109 races) so I can get the last car. That's been my experience so far playing this game.

Those are all strategy for the AI (not really cheating, they're just trying to prevent you from losing). I'm talking about the AI literally being broken (i.e. they are faster than you when they shouldn't be)
Bro

User Info: Snowstorm1920

Snowstorm1920
1 year ago#5
As well as when you hit the AI you lose speed then they gain speed, even from behind. when the AI hits the walls or each other they maintain speed or once again mysteriously gain speed in some situations. The Cars also have to ability to suddenly jump from one side of the road to the other to block or hit you, more common in the beginning of the race in the lower places.

User Info: thecatsix

thecatsix
1 year ago#6
This game is decent fun, but the speed of the AI seems to follow no natural value. Whenever I upgraded my car, the AI cars all seemed faster, even on previous tracks.

It seems the key is just racing clean. If you get through the garbage and race clean, towards the end the AI cars just seem to slow down.

It's a little disheartening that the AI rubberband the way they do.
"You're not Friedrich!" --Famous Last Words: Medal of Honor
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A