• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Chase Turbo
  3. Tips/Tricks for Easy Super/Gold Trophies

User Info: samman

samman
1 year ago#1
Just finished getting 100% on the World Tour yesterday, and did so usually on my first, if not definitely 2nd try for almost all the tracks (there were a handful I had to retry a couple of times, usually due to an inability to follow the track due to the coloring schemes), so thought I'd lay out what I did so it might be useful for others.

First things first, Vehicles:

Handling, handling, handling. Forget everything else. For almost every single track, I chose the car with the best handles (the 2nd car you start with, Orient, and Machinna), those 3 cars are all you need to get super and gold on every track. I only switched cars on 1 or 2 tracks that were primarily straight with little to no turns just to test out the faster cars.

Upgrades:

Handling, handling, handling again. There will be plenty of time to invest in speed (most of the handling stuff also increases speed too), but one of your biggest issues is going to be trying to get past cars and then handling the turns. Yes, the other cars will be faster than you in a straight line, but most tracks have a bunch of turns, and you will gain on those cars during the turn. You can then use your nitro during the straight part of the track to keep ahead. Furthermore, it's a lot easier to get around cars during turns than straight lines, and it becomes a breeze to do this when you have better handling.

Strategy:

Getting gold is actually easy, the pain is getting all the blue tokens. So my strategy is split into 3 stages, usually into the 3 different laps:

1) Don't worry too much about the blue tokens, try to get them as they come, but don't go out of your way to obtain them. Just keep track and mark where they are (I usually do, it's left, center, or right), some tracks will have 3 different rows, but if you drive directly in the center of 2 of the rows, you can get 2 of those rows at once). The main goal is to try and get past the cars to around 10th place, it's a lot easier to collect blue tokens when there aren't a bunch of cars in your way, and by the 2nd lap, most of the cars have dispersed so you don't have 5 cars in your lane. Don't use your boost here, even if you crash once or twice. I have noticed repeatedly that the game seems to be a bit leniant, and even if you crash or mess up, you will still catch up by the 3rd lap.

I should mention at this point, all the above was for if it's your first time doing the track. If it's your 2nd attempt, try and get all the blue tokens on your first lap. Slow down if you need to get them, and don't worry about bumping into the other cars to obtain them. As stated, the game is leniant, you will gain your place by the 3rd lap even if you go slowly this round to get the tokens.

2) By this point, you should be on your 2nd lap, should be aware of where the blue tokens are approximately, and should aim to get them. The cars should be more dispersed, so now your goal is more of passing one or 2 cars instead of 5 or 6 of them. Main focus here should be trying to get the blue tokens. Try and get ahead of the other cars as you do this as well, but the blue tokens should be the main focus. You should be at least in 5th place by now usually (late game maybe 6th-10th).

3) This is around the final lap, you should have collected most, if not all the blue tokens. The main goal now is to get first. If you still have some tokens to collect, focus on those. It's far harder to get the tokens then to get first place (I've gotten first place multiple times even when I slow down to try and get blue tokens).

Boost:
Use boost on straight lines, if you've invested in handling, and are using a handling type car, then you'll be passing every car on turns, but loosing them on straight lines. If you use boost, then you negate that disadvantage, and even turn straight lines into your advantage. One final note: If you crash during your 3rd (final) lap, then I use boost immediately to catch up to speed
Bro

User Info: samman

samman
1 year ago#2
One final thing I forgot to mention, do the upgrade races as soon as they are available. Makes things far easier, and you become.....overleveled (don't know how else to explain it).
Bro
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Chase Turbo
  3. Tips/Tricks for Easy Super/Gold Trophies
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A