• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Chase Turbo
  3. Visual overstimulation

User Info: samman

samman
1 year ago#1
Does anyone else sometimes feel like there is just too much on screen? Particularly when they add rain/snow effects. I know that's sort of the point in adding those effects (making it harder to focus/see the track), but at the later tracks when you're going faster, it all just becomes too much at some point for me.

The worse are when the tracks and backgrounds are multiple bright backgrounds (I had to retry some of the tracks in india because of that). I don't know if I'm the only one, but I've been finding late game to be a little bit...of a headache almost. I'm still able to keep up just fine, but once they start adding weather effects, and brighter more varied backgrounds, it all just becomes too much for me.
Bro

User Info: Lord Heimdall

Lord Heimdall
1 year ago#2
Yes, some tracks are excessively colorful, mostly in Japan, China, and that pink race in Santorini, Greece. I don't have problems in India except for that Flower Field race. But rain and snow don't bother me much.

And I'm extremely grateful they haven't added fog to this game.
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls Online [PS4], Gran Turismo 6 [PS3].
PSN: XicaoXiita --- For the Pact!

User Info: kapnquasar

kapnquasar
1 year ago#3
Some two-tone tracks have the most annoying frame to frame flicker effect; and the Valley of Flowers in India was very confusing at first due to color overload. I had visual after-effects for days from racing for hours straight, and I think there is some potential for mesmeric imprinting. The music has stuck in my head like no other game ever has. Coincidence? Anyway, take breaks, maybe read a book. Beautiful game overall, though.
---
Something has changed. The world feels strange now. Even the way the clouds move isn't right. -Matsuko Ito

Lord Heimdall
1 year ago#4
The music is awesome. I'm always whistling two or three particular tracks.

User Info: samman

samman
1 year ago#5
Now that I've finished the game, I think it primarily comes from just spending too much time playing it, basically some type of mental exaustion. I've found if I start fresh, playing the same tracks that gave me problems (i.e. visual mental issues), don't cause the same problems anymore (unless again I play the game more than a few hours).
Bro

Lord Heimdall
1 year ago#6
I used to be like that when I was younger. Today I can play for hours straight before sleeping and I hardly get that "visual memory" troubles.
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Chase Turbo
  3. Visual overstimulation
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A