• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Chase Turbo
  3. Don't buy the Disc!

User Info: ccunning1

ccunning1
1 year ago#1
They didn't even bother to patch the game.

User Info: kapnquasar

kapnquasar
1 year ago#2
If you are going to say "Don't buy the disc" as your topic, perhaps you can be more specific as to what you mean by "they didn't even bother to patch the game."

If you got the disc, it was stamped with whatever version was current when it was made; I don't imagine a Brazilian-made Indy game studio publishing a new load of game discs each time a change is made; Rather, the patches are offered through PSN; (or STEAM, or XBox live) - that's standard practice, for cost control etc... Good thing, too.

And I would like to know, how do you know which patch/es you haven't gotten -if PSN is not supplying them? I have Update Version 1.15 which just downloaded Yesterday, 7/29.

What features or changes were in the patch you didn't get? Leaderboard times are corrupted by some exploit; We know that. Is that what you are referring to? or are there more issues in the version that you have, that those of us who got it on PS+ do not?

It is certainly silly to buy the disc while the game is free on PS+, but if you do not have PS+, you should still get updates via PSN. What made you conclude that you did not get the patch/es? Do you have the PC version -for comparison? or what?

Please feel free to share more particulars of your situation. If you are certain that you did not get patch/es that others have gotten, maybe contact SONY or the guys at AQUIRIS too. It's a great game that has been out a while and I have read nothing about any critical patch - other than the Leaderboards/ghosts issue- it would be nice it were to get fixed. Or maybe that unfixed issue is why we got this as a Freebie on PS+?

I shared what I know, or wish I knew: It's your turn!

ccunning1 posted...
They didn't even bother to patch the game.
---
Something has changed. The world feels strange now. Even the way the clouds move isn't right. -Matsuko Ito

User Info: Lord Heimdall

Lord Heimdall
1 year ago#3
Even IF they didn't patch the game (and you don't have an internet connection), I've played the V1.00 and I say it was still pretty much enjoyable. The patches just add a couple of cars and fixes a glitch that could happen while acquiring one of the Trophies.
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls Online [PS4], Gran Turismo 6 [PS3].
PSN: XicaoXiita --- For the Pact!

kapnquasar
1 year ago#4
Lord Heimdall posted...
Even IF they didn't patch the game (and you don't have an internet connection), I've played the V1.00 and I say it was still pretty much enjoyable. The patches just add a couple of cars and fixes a glitch that could happen while acquiring one of the Trophies.

So I turned Ghosts back on for a few quick races... That was an eye opener! I want to go 700 km/h too! Did that exploit ever get fixed? There would still need to be a server purge... not likely, I'm thinking. It would be neat to see the cars listed in top times too.
---
Something has changed. The world feels strange now. Even the way the clouds move isn't right. -Matsuko Ito

Lord Heimdall
1 year ago#5
kapnquasar posted...
It would be neat to see the cars listed in top times too.

From the ghosts I've seen they're mostly the Night Rider.

This exploit is bad. Trying to get the ghosts was the only thing that made me replay World Tour mode, or play Playground... And now it's pointless.

kapnquasar
1 year ago#6
Its fun trying to beat my own ghost with various vehicles on my favorite tracks. eventually I will be forced to attempt and beat them on my less favored circuits... c'est la vie, eh?

Yeah, the exploit sucks, perfect example of how idiots ruin good things..and for what? An undeserved top spot? The Devs should fix it and wipe the leaderboards clean (of all suspect times - or, just wipe the board). I'm sure it's possible.
---

kapnquasar
1 year ago#7
Lord Heimdall posted...
kapnquasar posted...
It would be neat to see the cars listed in top times too.

From the ghosts I've seen they're mostly the Night Rider.

This exploit is bad. Trying to get the ghosts was the only thing that made me replay World Tour mode, or play Playground... And now it's pointless.

We just got update 1.16...no visible changes I can see. Anyone know where I might find the patch notes? Looking at you, Lord Heimdall, sir.

Geez it would be nirvana if we had view/save replay! -and time trial, too.
---

Lord Heimdall
1 year ago#8
kapnquasar posted...
Anyone know where I might find the patch notes? Looking at you, Lord Heimdall, sir.

I have no idea. Can't find those in Aquiris's site nor in their Twitter.
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Chase Turbo
  3. Don't buy the Disc!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A