• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Chase Turbo
  3. Tips and workarounds if you are going for Platinum

User Info: Lord Heimdall

Lord Heimdall
1 year ago#11
Acropolis sucks! Somehow they always manage to have Greece screw players over in racing games. That Athens track in Top Gear 2 was my demise several times...
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls Online [PS4], Gran Turismo 6 [PS3].
PSN: XicaoXiita --- For the Pact!

User Info: kapnquasar

kapnquasar
1 year ago#12
Lord Heimdall posted...
Acropolis sucks! Somehow they always manage to have Greece screw players over in racing games. That Athens track in Top Gear 2 was my demise several times...

Interesting obervation- and truth!
---
Something has changed. The world feels strange now. Even the way the clouds move isn't right. -Matsuko Ito

User Info: samman

samman
1 year ago#13
I've also observed a slight pattern when it comes to AI vs. your position. Granted you can easily get yourself to first place on the very first lap, but I've noticed that if I don't crash at all and drive normal, I'll usually be in first place by late 2nd or early 3rd lap. However, even if I do crash like 4 or 5 times, I'll still be in first place by early to mid 3rd lap.

Basically, I wouldn't say the AI actually goes out of its way to make it difficult on you, but quite the opposite. I've noticed the AI makes it easier for you to catch up to 2nd and 1st place, to the point that I don't even use turbo or anything until the 2nd and 3rd lap, because even if I do s*** in the first lap and crash a bunch it won't matter. I'll catch up by the 3rd and just use turbo to cream to the finish line.
Bro

User Info: Lord Heimdall

Lord Heimdall
1 year ago#14
Yes, it's called rubberbanding. Several games have this kind of AI behavior, from Gran Turismo 6 to F-Zero X (which I've played), and now this one.
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls Online [PS4], Gran Turismo 6 [PS3].
PSN: XicaoXiita --- For the Pact!

User Info: kapnquasar

kapnquasar
1 year ago#15
samman posted...
I've also observed a slight pattern when it comes to AI vs. your position. Granted you can easily get yourself to first place on the very first lap, but I've noticed that if I don't crash at all and drive normal, I'll usually be in first place by late 2nd or early 3rd lap. However, even if I do crash like 4 or 5 times, I'll still be in first place by early to mid 3rd lap.

Basically, I wouldn't say the AI actually goes out of its way to make it difficult on you, but quite the opposite. I've noticed the AI makes it easier for you to catch up to 2nd and 1st place, to the point that I don't even use turbo or anything until the 2nd and 3rd lap, because even if I do s*** in the first lap and crash a bunch it won't matter. I'll catch up by the 3rd and just use turbo to cream to the finish line.

Have you beaten the Masters Tournaments? That's the real test.
---
Something has changed. The world feels strange now. Even the way the clouds move isn't right. -Matsuko Ito
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Chase Turbo
  3. Tips and workarounds if you are going for Platinum
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A