• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Chase Turbo
  3. Question about the cars

User Info: lil_stamp

lil_stamp
1 year ago#1
Why do they keep getting worse the more I unlock they are only good for speed and nitro the rest is trash and I been using the second car most of the races because of the acceleration, handling and fuel.... Are there going to be better cars that outrank the infinity overall? It's really boring playing with the same car most of the time

User Info: Lord Heimdall

Lord Heimdall
1 year ago#2
Some cars later will. Some cars will excel in a few areas while others will in other areas. There are also some cars with x4 nitros by default. I know I used the Dustdriver most of the time until I unlocked the Explorer.

Now, if you're going to the tackle the "time-trial" leaderboards, yes, you'll need to find the best car for every track. It's usually the Twilight, but not always the case.
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls Online [PS4], Gran Turismo 6 [PS3].
PSN: XicaoXiita --- For the Pact!

User Info: lil_stamp

lil_stamp
1 year ago#3
How far into the game to unlock them cars?

User Info: mastermix3000

mastermix3000
1 year ago#4
lil_stamp posted...
How far into the game to unlock them cars?

I think Twilight was unlocked for getting all gold in the 8th country- India

The best cars to use for MOST tracks have high handling and speed. Decent fuel as well since you can definitely run out on some tracks with limited pick ups. Once you get 12 upgrades, cars with speeds over 170 MPH with handling under 6 are very difficult to control on turns and only good on tracks with straight roads or slight turns like the playground track

My favorite cars that held their own are the following:

-Cableguy
-The Royal
-Macchina

I think the best car in the game is definitely the car unlocked by getting gold in Endurance 109 (which takes a long time to do, probably 3.5- 4 hours, I didn’t even try it)
https://i.imgur.com/SJYOqAO.gif

User Info: Lord Heimdall

Lord Heimdall
1 year ago#5
As I said, I used the Dustdriver in most of the game. The Macchina is also good, but I only unlocked it much later. The problem is that while cars are better, they are too big on the screen and might make difficult to see oncoming traffic (the Night Rider, for example).

That Cableguy car must be a later addition, it wasn't in the game when I played it.

mastermix3000 posted...
I think the best car in the game is definitely the car unlocked by getting gold in Endurance 109 (which takes a long time to do, probably 3.5- 4 hours, I didn’t even try it)

It's not the best in terms of performance, but it's the most absurd car you'll get in this game, no kidding...

Besides, you can stop the Endurance any time you want (between races) and resume it later. And be very careful with three tracks: Playpen track in Iceland, the last one in Greece (Thunderstorm, IIRC) and the rainy one in Varanasi, India.
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls Online [PS4], Gran Turismo 6 [PS3].
PSN: XicaoXiita --- For the Pact!

User Info: FooFightersFan

FooFightersFan
1 year ago#6
The cable guy car is annoying because the ladder obstructs view. I used the second car until I got deja vu. The other cars just handle too poorly for my taste. There was one I liked but it had a poor fuel rating and I ran out of gas twice so I stopped using it.

User Info: kapnquasar

kapnquasar
1 year ago#7
Another point is that Endurance has the cars upgrade as you go -while they are stuck at a particular upgrade level for each type of Tournament- and the stats for fully (or partially) upgraded cars are not evenly improved over their base models... To do well in these race modes, it's good to have tried a lot of cars- so you can better choose a good one for you, going in. If you are racing well, then selection should not be a problem. I do best with cars having a strong, even mix of speed, accel and handling. based on the race mode.
---
Something has changed. The world feels strange now. Even the way the clouds move isn't right. -Matsuko Ito

User Info: samman

samman
1 year ago#8
The orient is literally just a faster infinity (it has the same stats outside of I think acceleration or speed). The machinna was the one I used to finish the game, it has superior handling and speed/acceleration comapred to most cars.
Bro
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon Chase Turbo
  3. Question about the cars
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A