• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition
  3. (Act 2 ending+Act 3 beginning spoilers) So... this game is really messing me up.

User Info: Baby_Rool

Baby_Rool
1 month ago#11
Let's keep in mind that bringing Veronica back was not the only deciding factor in going back in time.
As stated in the final cinematic cutscene of Act 2 "So many people lost their lives..."
So this happening was not just for Veronica, but all the people that died in Act 2.
As a result, you prevent quite a lot of tragedies such as the ones in Hotto and Lanalulu. Okay, Lanalulu gets kind of weird with that one, but don't hurt your brain over it.
I find that striving for a happier ending is worth all of what you end up undoing.
I will Destwoy Donkey Kong!
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Silver_Lynel

Silver_Lynel
1 month ago#12
Baby_Rool posted...
Let's keep in mind that bringing Veronica back was not the only deciding factor in going back in time.
As stated in the final cinematic cutscene of Act 2 "So many people lost their lives..."
So this happening was not just for Veronica, but all the people that died in Act 2.
As a result, you prevent quite a lot of tragedies such as the ones in Hotto and Lanalulu. Okay, Lanalulu gets kind of weird with that one, but don't hurt your brain over it.
I find that striving for a happier ending is worth all of what you end up undoing.

I think from a narrative standpoint, it's not very hard to justify the decision.

At the same time, from a writing standpoint (remember this narrative didn't spring up out of nowhere, this isn't a non-fiction story), it's pretty weak.

User Info: EvilStorm238

EvilStorm238
1 month ago#13
I don't know, considering the things that happen in Act 3 (especially on the Switch version), it feels like the characters get more proper closure in it than in the previous acts, and despite some of the accomplishments feeling lost, things really do end up for the better for everyone in more ways than one, like Michelle actually living, being able to give Irwin and Eleanor a more proper peace, helping Erik to gain his forgiveness from Mia LONG before she becomes Gyldygga, realizing Vince has actually truly improved and helps his friends in Octagonia to realize the very pain he went through when they try the same methods he did, actually rebuilding Cobblestone, defeating the true evil which allows Veronica to get an item that makes her back to her old self (in addition to giving her and Serena an awesome new Pep Power), doing some of the best side quests in the game, getting the Supreme Sword of Light, and exclusive to the Switch version, getting Hendrik and Jasper to truly come to terms to where both will help the Hero (and giving Hendrik a fancy gold armor in the process), and at the end of it all, the Hero finally earning the title of Erdrick.

So for my money, while the sacrifice the Hero must do early in Act 3 may seem daunting, the pay off is much better as everything truly comes full circle for every character to get their actual happy ending.

Link to my forum:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Knights_of_Renais/index.php?
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition
  3. (Act 2 ending+Act 3 beginning spoilers) So... this game is really messing me up.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A