• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition
  3. I was going to start in 2D mode, but no voice acting or cutscenes??

User Info: Sirius

Sirius
1 week ago#1
Ahhhh... Now I think I'll just play it in 3D. I've never played the game before, and I don't intend to play it twice, so....

Should I just go for 3D? I know you can't answer that question for me, I'm just asking for advice, in a way. Are the cut scenes and the voice acting worth it?
You'll laugh, you'll cry and you will never want to go to sleep again. --jollzoffire about Dragon Quest VII
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: OmenofFate

OmenofFate
1 week ago#2
Sirius posted...
Ahhhh... Now I think I'll just play it in 3D. I've never played the game before, and I don't intend to play it twice, so....

Should I just go for 3D? I know you can't answer that question for me, I'm just asking for advice, in a way. Are the cut scenes and the voice acting worth it?

why people would want to play it in 2d baffles me

User Info: Rafedx

Rafedx
1 week ago#3
OmenofFate posted...

For a second run of the game I get it, I would never do it for the first playthrough of the game though. The tickington stuff scratches that itch well enough until I play through again in 2D.
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Philip027

Philip027
1 week ago#4
The 2D mode is just a throwback to the game's presentation on 3DS (ironically enough) which I believe was originally only released in Japan. I doubt it was really meant to be the mode most people would play; it was just thrown in for English players who wanted to experience that mode.

User Info: Sirius

Sirius
1 week ago#5
OmenofFate posted...

I've played all the games in the series in 2D (except 8), so...
You'll laugh, you'll cry and you will never want to go to sleep again. --jollzoffire about Dragon Quest VII

User Info: Tiael

Tiael
1 week ago#6
OmenofFate posted...

Because it's enjoyable and I love that graphical style.
Courage and wit have served thee well. Thou hast been promoted to the next level.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1126-dragon-quest-general
OmenofFate posted...
DQ11 is an anniversary game so it was included for those who want to play the game in the classic DQ style. It's fun af
Of course there's no voice acting lol what did you expect?

User Info: tw1g_007

tw1g_007
6 days ago#9
OmenofFate posted...

Something new school gamers would say predictably so I can't judge you too hard for this comment. DQ started with 2D everything. The fact the devs were nice enough to combine both experiences into one package is really neat. We play enough 3D crap as it is when other games are considered so having a modern 2D experience is something you definitely shouldn't take for granted.
MHPortable 3rd AGGL Legend. Bushido & Brave Gunlancing on MHX/X exists due to my past efforts. MHW proceeded to flesh it out further. I am humbled. Truly.

User Info: crono12064

crono12064
6 days ago#10
tw1g_007 posted...
Something new school gamers would say predictably so I can't judge you too hard for this comment. DQ started with 2D everything. The fact the devs were nice enough to combine both experiences into one package is really neat. We play enough 3D crap as it is when other games are considered so having a modern 2D experience is something you definitely shouldn't take for granted.

I agree wholeheartedly with this.

With all the various references to pretty much everything in the franchise (spinoffs included), having a 2D mode just fits thematically with DQXI. Like those references, 2D mode might not mean much to a new comer, but it's a treat to be able to play this game in 2D for long-time fans.

Even the attack animations have their own little references. I especially was pleasantly surprised when I first used the Hero's Kazap spell. The animation was taken straight out of the DQIII remake's version of Kazap. That animation is really my favorite version of that spell, and it hasn't really appeared since then until now. Again, that won't mean anything to new comers or even to the casual DQ fan, but it was just awesome for me to see.
"I want to remind you that life is an RPG, so have fun!" - Yuji Horii
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition
  3. I was going to start in 2D mode, but no voice acting or cutscenes??
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers