• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition
  3. I just finished Act 2, give me a good reason to *spoilers*

User Info: gamerprince1999

gamerprince1999
1 month ago#21
MegaMan200X posted...
If you think about it The decision making that goes into starting act 3 is really fn stupid. Veronica willingly sacrificed herself to save everyone. The time keeper(forgot the exact title) even tells the team that going back in time guarantees nothing, may actually make things worse and even kill luminary in process. Obviously it's a game and everything will lead to a happy ending but based on that premise alone its a really stupid decision going back in time considering the world is at peace. It comes off as extremely selfish just because the luminary/the player wants veronica back. The rest of the team and the world are at peace with the events that had occured and the luminary is throwing that all away for a huge gamble.

Also im in middle of act 3 and I wish through some cosmic means the team members became aware of that precious time line so the experiences from act 2 werent completely erased.
The very first thought on Jade's and everyone's mind after defeating Mordegon in Act 2 was that their victory came at the cost of so many people's lives (watch the FMV that plays after defeating him). Sure it was just about saving Veronica at first but after finding out that it involved time travel, they knew that preventing the end of the world is the best possible thing to do.

Also, after the Time Keeper told them that the time travel process is a gamble and that the Luminary might even be lost forever if it fails, the party are immediately against doing it. They stop him and tell him not to go because the risk is too great and because they care about him. The Luminary was the only one who actually wanted to risk his life, prevent the suffering of many and save Veronica. At that particular moment, THEY were the ones who were selfish until they decided to respect his decision and let him do it.

User Info: DynoStretch

DynoStretch
1 month ago#22
Fwahm posted...
Except that Mordegon killed many thousands of people and caused untold other damage and suffering; Veronica isn't the only reason he went back.

gamerprince1999 posted...
The very first thought on Jade's and everyone's mind after defeating Mordegon in Act 2 was that their victory came at the cost of so many people's lives (watch the FMV that plays after defeating him). Sure it was just about saving Veronica at first but after finding out that it involved time travel, they knew that preventing the end of the world is the best possible thing to do.

Also, after the Time Keeper told them that the time travel process is a gamble and that the Luminary might even be lost forever if it fails, the party are immediately against doing it. They stop him and tell him not to go because the risk is too great and because they care about him. The Luminary was the only one who actually wanted to risk his life, prevent the suffering of many and save Veronica. At that particular moment, THEY were the ones who were selfish until they decided to respect his decision and let him do it.

Yes, this. All of this.

I mean, Grand Master Pang even had her very soul wiped out of existence in that soul realm or whatever it was that Rab was training in, and that's not even counting all the innocent lives who met that same fate beforehand that she mentioned.

Letting hundreds of thousands of lives be lost forever for the sake of a handful of people's character growth would had been insanely selfish. This wasn't just about getting Veronica back, but to actually save the world as a whole.
"Sony and MS both gave us good systems last generation so their greed is justified." ~ xF0x
Switch Friend Code - SW-7742-3950-7408
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition
  3. I just finished Act 2, give me a good reason to *spoilers*
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A