• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition
  3. I just finished Act 2, give me a good reason to *spoilers*

User Info: KingOfAllKOSMOS

KingOfAllKOSMOS
1 month ago#1
I finished the main game yesterday. Watched the credits sequence, it was great to see how happy and accomplished everyone was after the final battle.
And now the game wants me to travel to the past and the erase the character development everybody had.
Why would I even do that
I'm seriously considering stop playing.
This is highest bulls*** I've ever seen
I'm not a KOS-MOS supporter, f*** off

User Info: Philip027

Philip027
1 month ago#2
If you feel that the game ends fine there then you are by no means obligated to keep playing, much like how I am not obligated to recognize that Final Fantasy X-2 exists and that FFX ended its "series" right where it should have.

User Info: HeroGod

HeroGod
1 month ago#3
If you don't want a better ending.
The official Badass Wurmple of GameFaqs!

User Info: KingOfAllKOSMOS

KingOfAllKOSMOS
1 month ago#4
HeroGod posted...
If you don't want a better ending.
Learning from past errors is a good ending.
Erasing that growing from everyone doesn't sound good to me.
It feels cheap and weightless, even worse than resurecting characters in Dragon Ball, because in Dragon Ball they at least experience that failures.
If I could bring everyone to the past, then sure, I'd do it, but this is erasing the experiences that are parts of who these characters are and why I like them.
I'm not a KOS-MOS supporter, f*** off

User Info: The_Bones

The_Bones
1 month ago#5
You can just consider it an alternate take of events. The character development of Act 2 still occurred for you the player and some characters still get abridged or different developments compared to Act 2.

User Info: shayminguy7

shayminguy7
1 month ago#6
I'm in the middle of Act 3 right now and I gotta say... as much as I do like the idea of how they went about time travel bringing Veronica back, and "doing it right", I agree with TC.

Act 2 has SO much character development and it's hard to watch that go away. Especially when some optional scenes in Act 3 tread similar ground without any of the weight. Sure, the Luminary and the audience know, but it still sort of takes away from the larger meanings I took away and loved from Act 2.
3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6594 - 8429
Event List: https://goo.gl/ew5y15

User Info: Havic101

Havic101
1 month ago#7
Because the story reveals everything that they had left out up to that point in the game. There are actually still quite a number of important unanswered questions about the plot in general that you've experienced up to that point, and Act 3 specifically addresses that stuff. In terms of the game's plot, I'd say that learning this is an extremely good reason to continue playing.

It's also some of the most fun to be had gameplaywise, what with your characters having access to all the best and crazy powerful equipment and accessories that aren't available at all before then. And being able to use just about the entirety of every character's skill board for customization purposes, just because you have that much SP from being so high leveled.

The party being at their most powerful with the most tools available, while also being put up against the most challenging enemies and boss battles in the game to see how well players can make use of that stuff, (with the majority of those fights being optional,) makes for quite a good time.

But I would recommend rushing the plot until a new dungeon over at Zwaardsrust opens up. (If you ever stumbled across that door with the purple barrier underground.) Doesn't take long at all to reach that point if you focus on progressing the story.

Quite a number of battles have a large gap in difficulty if you attempt them coming right off of Act 2, in effect. But that dungeon is balanced around that, being a reasonable challenge for that level of strength and more gradually making you more powerful with the EXP and equipment you gain from exploring and fighting stuff there. The game itself not-so-subtly tells you that it should be a good place to go and train once it becomes available.

User Info: shayminguy7

shayminguy7
1 month ago#8
Havic101 posted...
Because the story reveals everything that they had left out up to that point in the game. There are actually still quite a number of important unanswered questions about the plot in general that you've experienced up to that point, and Act 3 specifically addresses that stuff. In terms of the game's plot, I'd say that learning this is an extremely good reason to continue playing.
This is something I do really like. Nothing in Act 3 feels shoehorned in aside from the repeated/alternate character interactions. Everything involving Erdwin’s Lantern and reveals about the past are super cool!

My only issue with it so far is that I loved the characterization in Act 2, so watching it disappear only to happen again in less meaningful ways doesn’t do it for me. I think the way the actual plot continues is great, I wish there was just a different way they went about bringing Veronica back that didn’t necessarily involve taking away from those moments I loved before.
3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6594 - 8429
Event List: https://goo.gl/ew5y15

User Info: shinyspheal

shinyspheal
1 month ago#9
to experience the last third of the game.

I was in the same spot as you, but after finishing Act 3 I was certain it was worth it, but I guess that was just me, or how about this, do it on another save file like I did.
3DS FC: 3711-7972-2938

User Info: solid_snake666

solid_snake666
1 month ago#10
For the extra content at least. The story is pretty dissappointing after the time travel, the best part is of course preventing the events that led to act 2, but this almost repeats itself if it weren’t for the intervention of someone else, which makes it look like the hero forgot most of what happened originally. You learn more about the previous luminary, which helps make sense of some things like Erdwin’s lantern. After the final battle I was satisfied with act III overall, but then they went and did that mess of an ending, of which the only nice things were the references to the original trilogy.
HE WHO CONTROLS THE BATTLEFIELD, CONTROLS HISTORY.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition
  3. I just finished Act 2, give me a good reason to *spoilers*
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A