• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition
  3. Some questions about items in Act 2 and 3 (no story spoilers)

User Info: Fwahm

Fwahm
3 weeks ago#1
First, I've been told that chests reset when you start Act 3. Are the chests that reset the same list of chests that reset when you change from 3D to 2D mode (IE, everything minus a few exceptions like weapons that are used in crafting)?

Second, does anyone happen to have a list of non-Tickington items that are unsellable?

Finally, let's say you complete everything in Act 2 and Act 3, then use 2D mode to do them over again. Discounting stuff from treasure chests, will you get a 2nd copy of any unsellable items as rewards on the second way through that part of the game (either from story events or from optional bosses)?

I'm considering eventually repeating Act 2 and Act 3 for an additional duping session, but I want to know if I'd get multiples of any unsellable items in the process. It would annoy my OCD if I got 2 of a costume armor that only 1 person can equip, for example. Thanks in advance.

User Info: Moonbrook

Moonbrook
3 weeks ago#2
AFAIK, the only chests that reset are ones that you opened after the "snapshot" conversation with the Elder in Arboria.
Ordis is hap- angry.
Hmm.... I may require maintenance after all.

User Info: Fwahm

Fwahm
3 weeks ago#3
Thanks.

Bump for the other questions.

User Info: JesseH21

JesseH21
3 weeks ago#4
Costumes do not respawn, either the chest stays empty or it's full of gold.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition
  3. Some questions about items in Act 2 and 3 (no story spoilers)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers