• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition
  3. I'm fairly certain Agitily is not working properly
tw1g_007 posted...

You kind of have to because its in the game. You kind of have to if you care so much about absolutely beating the game in its entirety. No way around it. Shypox isn't as terrible compared to No Armor anyway. No Armor and every other Drac option enabled makes this game the most difficult in the entire series. Not even the Legacy bosses for DQ9 come close IMO.

Eh, it depends. You can beat the game in it's entirety by just using one Draconian option at a time, and even then only up to the end of Act 2. There's no accolade, trophy, or special reward/ending if you do it the hardest way.

There's a reason they did that. It's because they know that some of the hardcore fans will want to finish everything, but that full Draconian is a bit too frustrating, and limiting, in some ways.
"Evil is what you make of it. Bind it to a higher purpose, and you will have altered its nature." - Gerald Tarrant

User Info: tw1g_007

tw1g_007
3 weeks ago#22
tainted_emerald posted...
tw1g_007 posted...

You kind of have to because its in the game. You kind of have to if you care so much about absolutely beating the game in its entirety. No way around it. Shypox isn't as terrible compared to No Armor anyway. No Armor and every other Drac option enabled makes this game the most difficult in the entire series. Not even the Legacy bosses for DQ9 come close IMO.

Eh, it depends. You can beat the game in it's entirety by just using one Draconian option at a time, and even then only up to the end of Act 2. There's no accolade, trophy, or special reward/ending if you do it the hardest way.

There's a reason they did that. It's because they know that some of the hardcore fans will want to finish everything, but that full Draconian is a bit too frustrating, and limiting, in some ways.

I don't think people even care about that (me at the very least). There is a section prior to the starting a New Game that logs if you cleared any of these Draconian settings. That is what "completionists" are focused on. Ensuring that all the Drac settings being done get that tiny check mark. Accolade/trophies/etc even if offered is cherry on top and never taken too seriously. Sense of accomplishment trumps that any day of the week.
MHPortable 3rd AGGL Legend. I am one of the main reasons Bushido & Brave Gunlancing exists today on MHX/X. Please show appropriate respect. Thank you.
tw1g_007 posted...
tw1g_007 posted...

I don't think people even care about that (me at the very least). There is a section prior to the starting a New Game that logs if you cleared any of these Draconian settings. That is what "completionists" are focused on. Ensuring that all the Drac settings being done get that tiny check mark. Accolade/trophies/etc even if offered is cherry on top and never taken too seriously. Sense of accomplishment trumps that any day of the week.

And you can get those check marks one at a time if you want is what I'm saying. And they get marked as soon as you finish Act 2, so you can even turn them off for Act 3.

You'll have to do them if you want full completion. But you don't have to do them all at once, and actually can't get an all encompassing perfect file with all of them on.
"Evil is what you make of it. Bind it to a higher purpose, and you will have altered its nature." - Gerald Tarrant

User Info: Xyekenvort

Xyekenvort
3 weeks ago#24
Well, agility is working properly in relation to how they wanted it to in this Dragon Quest game.

If you think it should be different, then make a topic about that instead. Properly can mean two different things in this case, which is why people are telling you that it is working properly, while you think it isn't working properly.

Well...yeah, obviously. My statement was made with the implication that if that is the case, then it's bad design imo. Which I clarified in my following posts.
"Our imperfection gave birth to art.", some pretentious f***

User Info: tw1g_007

tw1g_007
3 weeks ago#25
tw1g_007 posted...
tw1g_007 posted...

And you can get those check marks one at a time if you want is what I'm saying. And they get marked as soon as you finish Act 2, so you can even turn them off for Act 3.

You'll have to do them if you want full completion. But you don't have to do them all at once, and actually can't get an all encompassing perfect file with all of them on.

I'm really not sure on what grounds that "perfect" implies but that aside I know of two people on this board attempting to do it all at once on one savefile. The thing is I wouldn't even think to attempt your own method personally. If all these difficulty options are present then it simply implies that enabling every draconian option possible makes the game insanely difficult. Compare this to your method enabling them one by one. Difficulty comparisons between the two logically tells you that the person who enabled all difficulties and beat the game is the much better player (by miles; night and day etc etc).
MHPortable 3rd AGGL Legend. I am one of the main reasons Bushido & Brave Gunlancing exists today on MHX/X. Please show appropriate respect. Thank you.
(edited 3 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition
  3. I'm fairly certain Agitily is not working properly
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers