• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Silvorzya

Silvorzya
3 weeks ago#1
Do we ever get any idea how old characters are?

- Rab mentions he's over 60
- Jade is atleast 4-5 years older than Hero. Seems like she's early twenties?
- Eight I'm unsure of
- Veronica mentally/originally they don't comment on, but allude Serena and her are the same
- Sylvando they don't give any clues
- Hero is...wanna say he's not any older than 21
- Erik is the eldest sibling, but don't have anything to gauge beyond that.
General reaction to Bandai Namco's decisions with Zestiria: http://youtu.be/OGp9P6QvMjY

User Info: MegaSlush

MegaSlush
3 weeks ago#2
"allude Serena and her are the same"
They're twins
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2770-3378. aka Snack.
R.O.B is married. He plugs his Memory Stick into a USB port every night. ~wizaro1

User Info: King_Z

King_Z
3 weeks ago#3
Veronica is older than the hero so that pretty much puts Serena as older as well. Jade is 6 years older than hero going by my recollection that she was 6 during their escape bid.
Sig

User Info: Moonbrook

Moonbrook
3 weeks ago#4
Hero is 16. That's stated right at the beginning of the game, when he and Gemma climb the Tor on their 16th birthday.

Jade is around 21.

Veronica and Serena are probably 18, since they're stated to be twins.

Rab is probably around 65.

Sylvando trained with Eight, so he's in his late 30s.

Eight is also in his late 30s.

Erik is probably around 18 or 19.
Ordis is hap- angry.
Hmm.... I may require maintenance after all.

User Info: Then00bAvenger

Then00bAvenger
3 weeks ago#5
Hendrik and Jasper are both 36, it's stated in a loading tooltip. That probably means Sylvando is around the same age considering his upbringing.

Erik is stated to be 19 in his concept art. Rab was also stated to be "around 70". It's not 100% confirmed if those ages still apply to their final versions, but probably close enough.

Hero is 16, stated on several occasions(though I recall this being removed from the English translation? Am I wrong?)

Veronica and Serena in the English version are directly stated to be 18. In the Japanese version this was a more vague "十数年" which by technical definition can mean anything from 11 to 19, though in colloquial use people don't tend to think of extremes like 11 or 19 when they use it. Also I doubt they're younger than the Luminary so they're probably anywhere between 16 and 18. The English version's decision to go with 18 works, though I'd personally go more towards 17.

Jade is the most vague. I can see anything between 22 to 27.
A refusal of praise is a desire to be praised twice.

User Info: Moonbrook

Moonbrook
3 weeks ago#6
Then00bAvenger posted...
Hendrik and Jasper are both 36, it's stated in a loading tooltip. That probably means Sylvando is around the same age considering his upbringing.

Erik is stated to be 19 in his concept art. Rab was also stated to be "around 70". It's not 100% confirmed if those ages still apply to their final versions, but probably close enough.

Hero is 16, stated on several occasions(though I recall this being removed from the English translation? Am I wrong?)

Veronica and Serena in the English version are directly stated to be 18. In the Japanese version this was a more vague "十数年" which by technical definition can mean anything from 11 to 19, though in colloquial use people don't tend to think of extremes like 11 or 19 when they use it. Also I doubt they're younger than the Luminary so they're probably anywhere between 16 and 18. The English version's decision to go with 18 works, though I'd personally go more towards 17.

How does that last one follow? She was clearly a young child when the Hero was born.
Ordis is hap- angry.
Hmm.... I may require maintenance after all.

User Info: Then00bAvenger

Then00bAvenger
3 weeks ago#7
She didn't look significantly younger than Jasper and Hendrik looked when Jade was born, and if she's 22 that would make them 14 at that point. That means 6 years later Hendrik would go from how he looks in that flashback to how he looks in the Dundrasil flashback.

Once you start going younger than 22, it means Hendrik and Jasper were 15 or older in that flashback which just seems... I dunno. They look younger than that. That's literally one year off from the protagonist and he looks much older than they do in that flashback. Personally I feel like even pinning them at 14 there feels like a stretch. But if they can pass for 14 there, then Jade can definitely pass as 10 or so in the Dundrasil flashback
A refusal of praise is a desire to be praised twice.

User Info: Mocorongo

Mocorongo
3 weeks ago#8
Then00bAvenger posted...

I think Jade is between 20-24, she was a small child when Hero was born, I don't think she is too older than him to be 27.

The best bless is health and money: With health you can do almost anything - money can let you do the rest
And a good health allows you to build money - win/win

User Info: TriforceBun

TriforceBun
3 weeks ago#9
Funny how the Hero is canonically the youngest of the entire group. Can anyone think of any other RPGs where this is the case?

User Info: JesseH21

JesseH21
3 weeks ago#10
TriforceBun posted...
Funny how the Hero is canonically the youngest of the entire group. Can anyone think of any other RPGs where this is the case?
Pretty sure its the case in DQ 3 as well. The original grandia comes to mind as well.

Unsure if earthbound was the same, as I remember the main character was a kid.
  • Topic Archived