• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition
  3. So, the Luminary is kind of...*spoilers partway through Part 2*

User Info: Haseo8

Haseo8
3 weeks ago#21
I like it. He’s more inexperienced compared to everyone else. Makes it much sweeter when he actually gets to that level.
Trails of Cold Steel III can't come soon enough.

User Info: godzillahomer

godzillahomer
3 weeks ago#22
Haseo8 posted...
I like it. He’s more inexperienced compared to everyone else. Makes it much sweeter when he actually gets to that level.

Erik: Has experience as a thief and a mysterious backstory that gave him more experience
Serena and Veronica: Likely got trained in Arboria
Sylvando: Has great training in his backstory
Jade: Has been trained since she was about 4, she's about 20 now
Rab: Trained for years with Pang
Eight: Yeah, he's been trained massively
Eleven: likely got very basic swordsmanship training from Chalky if anything, has never fought a monster before the game's start

checks out
3DS FC: 1134-7195-2851

User Info: KamikazePotato

KamikazePotato
3 weeks ago#23
For the record, I actually like this about him too. Gives him character. Probably the best DQ protagonist since Five.

My actual complaint about him would be his character design. It just doesnt work for me. It's funny to me that a bunch of NPCs comment on how amazing his hair is because I kinda hate it.
Black Turtle did a pretty good job.

User Info: DuranmanX4

DuranmanX4
3 weeks ago#24
we do know the Hero knows how to ride horses from his time in Cobblestone according to some dialogue
The official Dragon Quest VIII Hero of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate boards
My game collection: https://i.imgtc.ws/mDiH2Jc.jpg https://i.imgtc.ws/kfs7GI8.jpg

User Info: Havic101

Havic101
3 weeks ago#25
KamikazePotato posted...
For the record, I actually like this about him too. Gives him character. Probably the best DQ protagonist since Five.

My actual complaint about him would be his character design. It just doesnt work for me. It's funny to me that a bunch of NPCs comment on how amazing his hair is because I kinda hate it.

If you're talking about his hairstyle, that's not what they're talking about. They mean how his hair is flowy and smooth as silk no matter what he's doing. A few of them mention that specifically. It is actually impressive and unnatural, no matter what kind of hairstyle a person would have.

User Info: godzillahomer

godzillahomer
3 weeks ago#26
Havic101 posted...
KamikazePotato posted...

If you're talking about his hairstyle, that's not what they're talking about. They mean how his hair is flowy and smooth as silk no matter what he's doing. A few of them mention that specifically. It is actually impressive and unnatural, no matter what kind of hairstyle a person would have.

it applies to all of the party members, you never see their hair messed up or dirtied.
3DS FC: 1134-7195-2851

User Info: Havic101

Havic101
3 weeks ago#27
godzillahomer posted...
Havic101 posted...
KamikazePotato posted...

it applies to all of the party members, you never see their hair messed up or dirtied.

I know. But that's not why I brought that up. People in the game complement him on his smooth and silky hair. Not on the hairstyle itself.

User Info: Pupu27

Pupu27
3 weeks ago#28
Yeah, this game has weakest Hero, both in story and in gameplay, in the entire series. Even with gameplay, at level 99 and maxed stats, Hero is still outperformed by his team-mate in every role you can think of. Erik/Jade are better physical dealers, Veronica is a better magical nuker, Serena is a better healer, Rab/Sylvado has more useful supporting spells/abilities, Eight is a much better all-around fighter.

If there is no Sword of Light, then I don't think we will see Hero in any significant moment of the story.

For example, it was hilarious to me in the last boss battle, where Hero's reason to participate the battle was for using the sword of light. After that he was relegated to a secondary-healer after Serena while Erik and Veronica dishing out tons and tons of damages.
The best video game is the one that hasn't released yet

User Info: DuranmanX4

DuranmanX4
3 weeks ago#29
Havic101 posted...
KamikazePotato posted...

one of the ladies in Arboria even jokes about it stating

"Oh, so you are the Luminary, are you? You do not look much like a legendary hero to me. In fact, you look more like a heroine! Just look at that hair. It is even silkier and straighter than mine! Almost annoyingly so.
The official Dragon Quest VIII Hero of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate boards
My game collection: https://i.imgtc.ws/mDiH2Jc.jpg https://i.imgtc.ws/kfs7GI8.jpg

User Info: Valkenhyne

Valkenhyne
3 weeks ago#30
I kinda like that he's not an overpowered wonderboy. The story would be boring if he was.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition
  3. So, the Luminary is kind of...*spoilers partway through Part 2*
  • Topic Archived