• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Silvorzya

Silvorzya
4 weeks ago#41
- They don't say, but it's implied she did. The basics is that she did it stay alive and guide whoever came to save the world. No one gives you the answer

- It's a prequel. To every other Dragon Quest/Warrior. The devs nod is told to you in the game by Yggdragon and the 2 other people you see are the Dragon Quest 1 Hero on the cliff, and then the Dragon Quest 3 Hero in bed.

- If you marry Jade, at the end, and speak to your foster mother, she states Jade is away at Heliodor.

I'm trying not to be antagonistic, but how do you not know most of this if you played and finished the game?
General reaction to Bandai Namco's decisions with Zestiria: http://youtu.be/OGp9P6QvMjY

User Info: SenpaiGamer17

SenpaiGamer17
4 weeks ago#42
Silvorzya posted...
- They don't say, but it's implied she did. The basics is that she did it stay alive and guide whoever came to save the world. No one gives you the answer

- It's a prequel. To every other Dragon Quest/Warrior. The devs nod is told to you in the game by Yggdragon and the 2 other people you see are the Dragon Quest 1 Hero on the cliff, and then the Dragon Quest 3 Hero in bed.

- If you marry Jade, at the end, and speak to your foster mother, she states Jade is away at Heliodor.

I'm trying not to be antagonistic, but how do you not know most of this if you played and finished the game?

I dont know it because

1. I married gemma
2 never played dq 1-3
3. As you said no one explicitly states if she turned willingly.

This game has alot of blank holes plot holes. This is all because of that stupid time jump. To save the loudmouthed midget.

Its still my 2nd fave dq game tho. After dq 8

User Info: DuranmanX4

DuranmanX4
4 weeks ago#43
SenpaiGamer17 posted...
Wait It fell a decade prior? Hmmm i coulda sworn irwin made it sound like it was within the same year.

well we know it fell when Hendrik was a kid, and he is at least 20 when Dundrasil fell

plus Chalky and many other important people who are nearly elders were from Zwaardrust

the youngest well known Zwaardrustian is probably Dave, who still could be in his 40s, or even older, it's hard to tell

Mordegon destroyed Durandrasil and Zwaardrust.

Who destroyed Phnom Non and when it terms of the time before dq11?

Also is it ever explained why serenica allowed Morcath to live? I woulda hunted him down.

Dundrasil was definitely Mordegon, as stated in the Gloominivore's nightmare, and Zwaardrust too

I'm guessing Nhou Wat was also Mordegon, depending on how long ago it was destroyed

Serenica can't stop Morcant because she needed the Sword of Light, and only one with the Mark of the Luminary can probably wield the Sword of Light

that's also why they had to imprison Calasmos but could not destroy him outright
The official Dragon Quest VIII Hero of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate boards
My game collection: https://i.imgtc.ws/mDiH2Jc.jpg https://i.imgtc.ws/kfs7GI8.jpg

SenpaiGamer17
4 weeks ago#44
DuranmanX4 posted...
SenpaiGamer17 posted...
Wait It fell a decade prior? Hmmm i coulda sworn irwin made it sound like it was within the same year.

well we know it fell when Hendrik was a kid, and he is at least 20 when Dundrasil fell

plus Chalky and many other important people who are nearly elders were from Zwaardrust

the youngest well known Zwaardrustian is probably Dave, who still could be in his 40s

Wait how old was Henrik in dq11? He looked young. Like 25ish.

Eh? He was 20 when it fell? Yet we see him in heliodor when he was a small kid with jasper? How does that make sense?

Chalky was from Zwaardarust? Where did it say this?

What about the rest of the cobblestonians?

DuranmanX4
4 weeks ago#45
SenpaiGamer17 posted...

if you read the Sudo Nim books, it says he was part of the Zwaardrustian government looking for the Rainbough, though eventually he got the Door of Departure Key and went on to live in Cobblestone

he is even stated as having a close friend in Lonalulu, but not sure if that means he lived there

SenpaiGamer17 posted...

I'm guessing around 36

SenpaiGamer17 posted...
Eh? He was 20 when it fell? Yet we see him in heliodor when he was a small kid with jasper? How does that make sense?

the likely events is that as a kid he lived in Zwaardrust, then when it fell he lived in Heliodor, then he went to train in Puerto Valor with Rodrigo and Sylvando during his teenage years to train as a knight, and then he went back to Heliodor as part of the Royal Guard

again, you can see this in the Gloomnivore nightmare where you looks like a Helidorian Captain, probably around age 20, since that happened 16 years ago
My game collection: https://i.imgtc.ws/mDiH2Jc.jpg https://i.imgtc.ws/kfs7GI8.jpg

SenpaiGamer17
4 weeks ago#46
DuranmanX4 posted...
SenpaiGamer17 posted...

the youngest well known Zwaardrustian is probably Dave, who still could be in his 40s, or even older, it's hard to tell

Mordegon destroyed Durandrasil and Zwaardrust.

Who destroyed Phnom Non and when it terms of the time before dq11?

Also is it ever explained why serenica allowed Morcath to live? I woulda hunted him down.

Dundrasil was definitely Mordegon, as stated in the Gloominivore's nightmare, and Zwaardrust too

I'm guessing Nhou Wat was also Mordegon, depending on how long ago it was destroyed

Serenica can't stop Morcant because she needed the Sword of Light, and only one with the Mark of the Luminary can probably wield the Sword of Light

that's also why they had to imprison Calasmos but could not destroy him outright

Nhou wat seemed like it was during age of heros. But thats my conjecture.

Also serenica needed the sword of light for calasmos and the mark. The game explains that.

But for mordegon. When he was morcath. Did she need those things even then?

I thought the sword of light was for the dark one. Who was not mordegon

DuranmanX4
4 weeks ago#47
SenpaiGamer17 posted...

I mean, Act 1 is dedicated to traveling to Yggdrasil to get the Sword of Light to defeat Mordegon

Act 2 is later dedicated to forging the Sword of Light, using it to break through his Fortress of Fear, and later defeating Mordegon

and in the beginning of Act 3 it's used to dispel Jasper's barrier that will allow no other attacks to harm him

SenpaiGamer17
4 weeks ago#48
DuranmanX4 posted...
SenpaiGamer17 posted...

if you read the Sudo Nim books, it says he was part of the Zwaardrustian government looking for the Rainbough, though eventually he got the Door of Departure Key and went on to live in Cobblestone

he is even stated as having a close friend in Lonalulu, but not sure if that means he lived there

SenpaiGamer17 posted...

I'm guessing around 36

SenpaiGamer17 posted...

the likely events is that as a kid he lived in Zwaardrust, then when it fell he lived in Heliodor, then he went to train in Puerto Valor with Rodrigo and Sylvando during his teenage years to train as a knight, and then he went back to Heliodor as part of the Royal Guard

again, you can see this in the Gloomnivore nightmare where you looks like a Helidorian Captain, probably around age 20, since that happened 16 years ago

Ahhh yes sudo nims book were a treat.

And yeah that makes sense. To me hendrik always looked older than anyone but Raab.

But i never imagined he was that old. Man has aged well.

Also did anyone prior to playing the main game get the gist from the OP video that DQ11 was about gathering orbs to get to Yggdrasil and then using them to "unlock" yggdragon as a mount and a tool to use against the bad guy?

I always assumed yggdrasil would turn into yggdragon based on the OP. But it diddnt which kinda sucks. As a rideable yggdragon woulda been wicked!

SenpaiGamer17
4 weeks ago#49
DuranmanX4 posted...
SenpaiGamer17 posted...

I mean, Act 1 is dedicated to traveling to Yggdrasil to get the Sword of Light to defeat Mordegon

Act 2 is later dedicated to forging the Sword of Light, using it to break through his Fortress of Fear, and later defeating Mordegon

and in the beginning of Act 3 it's used to dispel Jasper's barrier that will allow no other attacks to harm him

Oh absolutely. But he wasnt mordegon for a looong time. Remember he had to split from his seer "side. So surely whilst he was weak she could have gone after him with drustan.

She kinda allowed him to become a bigger monster because she selfishly wanted to change time

DuranmanX4
4 weeks ago#50
SenpaiGamer17 posted...
I always assumed yggdrasil would turn into yggdragon based on the OP. But it diddnt which kinda sucks. As a rideable yggdragon woulda been wicked!

you can ride the Zenith Dragon in Dragon Quest V, which is probably one of the more divine mounts, next to Ramia in Dragon Quest VIII

the Starflight Express is also a pretty cool, though not a living thing
  • Topic Archived