• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: megaboltable

megaboltable
4 weeks ago#181
bidas100 posted...
Nice gatekeeping there.

Gatekeeping is good actually.
Alphabets are the worst type of people
you'll encounter online.

User Info: The_Scarecrow

The_Scarecrow
3 weeks ago#182
MetaKirb7 posted...
@The_Scarecrow posted...
You saw his reddit response on his Octopath?

https://i.imgtc.ws/DAOUqKr.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/videogamedunkey/comments/91u4ev/octopath_traveler_review_discussion/

I am well aware of his response. If he stopped at the exaggerating or taken out of context part, he’d be somewhat okay but he missed the mark by saying he represented the game faithfully which he did not. He also doesn’t realize that his rabid fan base like to parrot his opinion around the internet which is incredibly annoying.

Dragonage2ftw posted...
RIGHT.

WHICH MEANS THAT HE SHOULD'VE f***ED IT COMPLETELY, AND IT SHOULDN'T HAVE TAKEN THAT LONG TO FIGHT IT.

Most JRPG's do that for you-making combat a f***ing slog by making low level enemies take forever to kill isn't good game design.

Why does that matter?

Why should one s*** tier enemy take that long to beat when you're twice it's level?

That's a f***ing lie.

I constantly had to grind to get to the levels they reccomended I be at for each boss fight. The game relishes in you having to do tedious fights over and over again.

Also:

@The_Scarecrow

It’s impressive how you completely missed the point I was making. If you aren’t trolling, I’d be concerned. I’ll explain it in simpler terms, if you use the weapon the enemy is weak against, they die faster. Are you going to complain that water type attack take longer to defeat a grass type in Pokemon when you have access to fire or flying type attack? Of course not. If Dunkey actually played the game the way it was intended, the enemy wouldn’t have took so long.

“The game tells me to play this way but I’m going to ignore it. Huh? Why does the enemy take so long to kill? What do you mean I’m supposed to use their weaknesses against them? Why can’t I just spam attack like an idiot?”

I’m sorry that you’re really bad at video games but the average person with a modicum of skill did not have to grind in Octopath until the end of the game. Perhaps you should use actual tactics like the game intended and maybe, just maybe, you wouldn’t need to grind. You don’t need to grind in most JRPGs if you use your brain. Using every tool the game gives you really makes a difference.
https://i.imgur.com/GUwbF1D.png
https://i.imgur.com/j4nfK4O.png

User Info: Valkenhyne

Valkenhyne
3 weeks ago#183
megaboltable posted...
bidas100 posted...
Nice gatekeeping there.

Gatekeeping is good actually.

Can't tell if bad take or sarcasm

User Info: godofwar596

godofwar596
3 weeks ago#184
@Dragonage2ftw I NEVER had to grind in Octopath Traveler until the very, very end. If you had to grind in that game then you're either lying or playing it wrong.

User Info: Moonbrook

Moonbrook
3 weeks ago#185
godofwar596 posted...
@Dragonage2ftw I NEVER had to grind in Octopath Traveler until the very, very end. If you had to grind in that game then you're either lying or playing it wrong.

It’s Dragonage, so probably both.
Ordis is hap- angry.
Hmm.... I may require maintenance after all.

User Info: goodJT

goodJT
3 weeks ago#186
Moonbrook posted...
godofwar596 posted...

It’s Dragonage, so probably both.

Definitely
AKA Tykronos/Ryltex, The Glass Wraith Of Gamefaqs.
Hoping to be a Therapist/Counsellor for the Three Houses Cast, they really need one badly.

User Info: KarmelCHAOS

KarmelCHAOS
3 weeks ago#187
bidas100 posted...
Looks like Dunkey got what's coming to him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6PUlx0K1AU

Skeleton Bones Ghoulie is my favorite youtuber

User Info: Dragonage2ftw

Dragonage2ftw
3 weeks ago#188
The_Scarecrow posted...
Are you going to complain that water type attack take longer to defeat a grass type in Pokemon when you have access to fire or flying type attack?

This is actually the perfect comparison.

In Pokemon, if you're twice the level as the enemy you fight, they go down in one hit, regardless of the type advantage.

Octopath makes chump enemies a chore to fight for ZERO REASON.

@The_Scarecrow
Official Yu Narukami, Incineroar, Parasoul, Sombra, Black Widow, RE5 Jill, Kaede Akamatsu, Kamala Khan, Rehgar, Orisa, R.Mika, 2B, and Power Girl everywhere.

User Info: Yield2DNuggetry

Yield2DNuggetry
3 weeks ago#189
Dragonage2ftw posted...
The_Scarecrow posted...
Are you going to complain that water type attack take longer to defeat a grass type in Pokemon when you have access to fire or flying type attack?

In Pokemon, if you're twice the level as the enemy you fight, they go down in one hit, regardless of the type advantage.

@The_Scarecrow

Yeah, you see Lv 100 Smeargles taking down Lv 50 Terrakion's all the time.
Super Mario Maker 2 Name: Motaman

User Info: bidas100

bidas100
3 weeks ago#190
Yield2DNuggetry posted...
Dragonage2ftw posted...
The_Scarecrow posted...

@The_Scarecrow

Yeah, you see Lv 100 Smeargles taking down Lv 50 Terrakion's all the time.

Sheer Cold bay-beeee!
Fun fact: DC Comics is short for Detective Conan Comics.
Thank you for taking the time to read my signature. My signature loves you.
  • Topic Archived