• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition
  3. who are your current strongest hitters? (SPOILERS)

User Info: Teremei

Teremei
5 days ago#1
Character name spoilers ok. And what part of the game are you on?

Early act 2, and end of act 1.

Hero - 2H Sword with his unbridled blade does ~400hp damage
Erik - with 2 falcon swords does ~ 100, 90, 80, 60
and I guess Jade when I got her 4x spear hit attack in her section of the first part of act 2 was pretty good.

I'm really gonna miss Erik's 4x hits when I have to eventually replace 2x falcon blades. And BTW, WHEN do you think something will be an upgrade for Erik? Seems like it will be awhile. I created this topic to find out what other character/weapon/skill combo might be super hard hitters later in the game. In other words, what I have to look forward to! I have a feeling Hendrick will be a hard hitter.
I love Switch so much that I'm getting New Model Switch AND Switch Lite!!
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: Ozzy_98

Ozzy_98
5 days ago#2
Basic smacking stuff, Hero was in my second save file, not sure in the first. I gave the hero every STR seed I could find on a 6x playthrough.

Magic Burst was the most overall damage. It's what I needed for the end boss. (Which, without armor, and not using the sword on him, is pretty much playing "Let's see how cheap I can be and if I'll survive") She was doing in the 8ks I think, sylv was using ladies first, and the other 2 kept everyone pep'ed or ethered.
2019 RPGs-31
LatestRhapsody(9/12)PoolsOfDarkness(9/26)GatewayToTheSavageFrontier(9/29) TreasureOfTheSavageFrontier(10/3)Bloodstained(10/3)ChampiansOfKrynn(10/9)

User Info: HoIlywood

HoIlywood
5 days ago#3
Jade thanks to Multithrust....I’m like probably 70% through Act 1 I think, Honolulu

User Info: DuranmanX4

DuranmanX4
5 days ago#4
Multi hitting moves are almost always stronger than moves that just hit once or twice

This is doubly true when you are oomphed and the enemy is sapped
The official Dragon Quest VIII Hero of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate boards
My game collection: https://i.imgtc.ws/mDiH2Jc.jpg https://i.imgtc.ws/kfs7GI8.jpg
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: ecylis

ecylis
5 days ago#5
Near the end of act 1, Jade. Oomphle + sap + multithrust deals 500+ damage per turn.
http://i.imgur.com/UgOcJQG.jpg
It takes a few turns to set up, but Erik with Divide, Oomphle, and using one of the knife skills that deal extra damage when the enemy has a status ailment (and ideally also being Sapped) deals ludicrous damage.
When Snake sees a "!" over someone's head, he runs and hides.
When the Pokemon Trainer sees a "!", he beats them up and takes their money.

User Info: Magus80

Magus80
5 days ago#7
I'm in postgame.

Erik 6.5k with swords
Veronica 3.5k Magic Burst
Eight 1.5k Unbridled Blade with Brilliant Blade
Super Mario Maker 2 ID: R5T-HC9-Y0G
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: Nabiki_Tendo

Nabiki_Tendo
5 days ago#8
since my hero use sword and shield curently jhe is not heaviest hitter on other hand the 8th party member is to me with great sword doing around 300 + damge every so often
Switch FC: SW-6234-9750-4519

User Info: ZodiacSoldier

ZodiacSoldier
5 days ago#9
Near the middle of Act 2.

Hero - 2 Handed Swords
Jade - Spear, upgraded from Multithrust to Multifeet
Erik - Fatal Flash (will be my top if I Divide for boss fights)
Steam: ZodiacSolder // i5-8600K // Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E // EVGA RTX 2080 XC
PSN/XBox: ZodiacSoldierJL // 3DS FC: 3797-9082-8623 // Switch FC: SW-6184-3549-7403
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: toadieman

toadieman
5 days ago#10
Jade
Playing: Dragon Quest XI S
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition
  3. who are your current strongest hitters? (SPOILERS)
  • Post New Message