• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition
  3. Has anything changed in terms of skill tree balance in the DQ XI S version?

User Info: sonicster2002

sonicster2002
4 days ago#1
I'm always interested in trying new builds and in DQ XI on PS4 I was respeccing constantly. I think I tried pretty much every combination, but since I was playing with harder monsters I kind of needed to optimize at points. So much gold vanish into the church coffers... Have any weapons or skill trees been changed or rebalanced? Any new skills? Trying new options is fun. I always appreciated that in DQVIII on 3DS the nerf to Twin Dragon Lash meant that I tried new things on Jessica that I had never done on the PS2.

Weirdly, it's been kind of hard to find what has changed on Switch, outside of 2D mode, orchestral music and visible party members.
http://xkcd.com/386/
3DS Friend Safari FC: 2380-5786-2333

User Info: JesseH21

JesseH21
4 days ago#2
Don't know if they did any balancing, but skill trees are the same.
(message deleted)
(message deleted)

User Info: spikethedevil

spikethedevil
4 days ago#5
His and Sylvandos expand after doing a side quest for Sylvandos dad.
A garbage pod!? It's a smegging garbage pod!

User Info: Kigalas

Kigalas
4 days ago#6
spikethedevil posted...
His and Sylvandos expand after doing a side quest for Sylvandos dad.

That was in the original.
Playing: DQVI - Underwater exploration; FFIII - Cave of Tides
Halo of death, all I see is departure. Mourner's lament but it's me who's the martyr..

User Info: spikethedevil

spikethedevil
4 days ago#7
I never said it wasn’t.
A garbage pod!? It's a smegging garbage pod!
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition
  3. Has anything changed in terms of skill tree balance in the DQ XI S version?
  • Post New Message