• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition
  3. Which Dragon Quest games do you prefer: The even ones or the odd ones?

User Info: bidas100

bidas100
4 days ago#11
Adding the Builders games would have helped evens.
Fun fact: DC Comics is short for Detective Conan Comics.
Thank you for taking the time to read my signature. My signature loves you.
I've played 4, 5, 6 and 9 all the way through, a lil bit of 7 and 8 though only for a few hours. I've gotta say DQ 5 is in my top three games ever, I've played it like 20 times no joke. 9 was really good too, I've devoted 500 hours to it, it can be tedious and boring once you clear the story and I really wish it had a second save slot, but still it was solid. 4 and 6 were neat too and so were 7 and 8, but I prefer 7 from what I have experienced from them. Overall 5, 7 and 9 beat 4, 6 and 8, so odd wins, though 5 is the main reason why. Take away 5 from the equation... I'd be quite tempted to go even then, I really like 6... But still 5's the best and 9's strong and so's the opening hours of 7 so odd gets my vote.
The heart may be weak and may even give in, but I've learned that deep down there's a light that never goes out! Got it memorized, kupo?

User Info: Expa0

Expa0
4 days ago#13
Even, solely because of DQ4 which I found heaps better than anything else in the series until 11 which finally gave it some competition.
"Cower before the might of the magic Imhullu: once forbidden, now unleashed!"
-Gharnef (Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon)

User Info: aliaaki

aliaaki
4 days ago#14
Didn't know this was the star trek movies board.
About an even split for me although there are a couple I haven't played yet.
DuranmanX4 posted...
I figured that would be balanced by the fact that unfortunately, not many people have a high opinion of Dragon Quest I in 2019

To be honest it's not really any lower than the opinion of 2
A refusal of praise is a desire to be praised twice.

User Info: Tiael

Tiael
4 days ago#16
Odd, considering of my top 5 one is even and the rest odd:

DQVII, DQV, DQIII, DQVI and DQXI
Even not counting DQXI, DQIX was in there before DQXI released last year
Courage and wit have served thee well. Thou hast been promoted to the next level.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1126-dragon-quest-general
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: Kigalas

Kigalas
4 days ago#17
Evens for me. I grew up playing a lot of both II and IV, and VI is top tier DQ, with a middling VIII.

For the odds, I & III are middling, V is meh, while VII is tops. Maybe I’ll get to IX over the winter.
Playing: DQVI - Underwater exploration; FFIII - Cave of Tides
Halo of death, all I see is departure. Mourner's lament but it's me who's the martyr..
Odds overall, but it’s close.
"Hey, lady, I put the kiddies to sleep. Permanently." - Yuri Hyuga - Shadow Hearts
The even ones, and by a fairly considerable margin.

Of the games listed (since DQ11 is my favorite Dragon Quest game), the only odd numbered ones I like outright better than an even numbered one are DQ1 and DQ3, which I like better than DQ6 (and am fairly certainly I'd like better than DQ10)

11 > 2 > 4 > 1 = 3 = 8 > 5 = 6 = (likely 10, if it was an offline game) > 7 > 9

is the overall list at the moment, for reference.

User Info: Apollo500

Apollo500
3 days ago#20
Definitely odds. While VII is my least favourite game in the series, it has III, V and IX which I adore, and playing I is like clockwork to me now, which can be a nice, easy way to wind down now and then. DQI is possibly my most replayed game of all time due to its shortness and how thoroughly I know it.

Of evens, IV and VIII are the only ones I really love, with II being nostalgic but deeply flawed, and VI being the second least favourite. Sadly can't say anything on X due to lacking localisation, which really hurts evens.

And of course, if we included XI, then odds would just completely obliterate evens.
https://i.imgur.com/z33CTLE.png
Switch FC: SW-1979-9179-2672 | SSBU & MHGU
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition
  3. Which Dragon Quest games do you prefer: The even ones or the odd ones?
  • Post New Message