• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Do you ever do challenge runs? (Like Sheikah gear only, Gerudo gear only, etc.)
TebaPlayer 2 months ago#1
Do you ever do challenge runs? (Like Sheikah gear only, Gerudo gear only, etc.)

I just started. It's what I use my Master Mode save file for! (I would have my Master Mode file as my regular save file, but I'd already progressed very far in the game when the DLC released and didn't want to have to redo over 150 hours of work.)
(All on Switch) Completed: Undyne the Undying, Sans, Undertale hardmode, Jevil, Spamton NEO (Pacifist), Undyne Undying no heal
Currently trying: Sans no heal
TheLightsAreOn 2 months ago#2
Last one I did was a three for one - Only tower activated was great plateau, only shrines completed were on great plateau, and had all 900 korok seeds and the maracas in my inventory before beating Ganon.
"Don't quote me on this"
-Me-
Vados 2 months ago#3
Yeah, challenge runs are pretty great for making the game feel fresh on repeated playthroughs and with the huge amount of options in BotW you can get quite creative with them.

I'm currently doing a '1 item slot'-run while fighting every enemy I come across and I love how much the game feels like a rogue-like now. You can't overpower enemies easily anymore and you have to be creative to maintain weapon durability until you finally come across strong weapons again.
On that note, I really hope the weapon balancing from Master Mode is going to be in BotW 2's default difficulty. The attack power of enemies comes from their own level, instead of their weapon, so they usually carry around wood or bone weapons that break more easily.
0ctosaur 2 months ago#4
I'm not using the map period, no warps, pro mode hub so no mini map, I can use runes though
Feel free to @ me.
*not that anyone cares*
Justobuy 2 months ago#5
0ctosaur posted...
I'm not using the map period, no warps, pro mode hub so no mini map, I can use runes though

I did one like that. And i found so many places i never went before
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Do you ever do challenge runs? (Like Sheikah gear only, Gerudo gear only, etc.)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A