• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Did anyone have a hard time killing a boar in the game?
jimreid56 3 months ago#1
Iirc early on in the game you have to kill one boar for some reason. But i had trouble for a while before i killed it.

But as i play the game now much later, i can kill boars all the time easily with a bomb.
I can't explain why ,it's like they made the boar harder to kill at the beginning but not later. I"m not sure though.
Rhiethreal 3 months ago#2
Only until I realize they wanted you to head shot it.
PSA: Information revealed literally 1 minute into a game is considered spoilers
. . . at least according to the mods on here. You will be modded for it.
Rockman2019 3 months ago#3
No.

Also you could just gather spicy peppers & cook them instead & go up to the top of the snowy mountain in the great platoe where King Bosporomis Hyrule is & he will give you the warm dublet anyways rather than cooking spicy meat & fish (1 spicy pepper, 1 Meat, 1 Hyrulian Bass). (I can't remember the exact name but I gave you the recipe).

I'd suggest just going up top & getting the cloak yourself from him. It not only saves time but you don't have to hunt the boar. (Not that I have any trouble but cooking the peppers is just faster anyways).
GotConfetti 3 months ago#4
Bird meat works for that recipe too. You can try to sneak up on the birds and throw a bomb at them. They seem to be a bit easier to find sometimes
You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
-Ando- 3 months ago#5
↑ I noticed this in my last playthrough. I shot a bird while aiming for a boko, so I just tried using it
Linkz1 3 months ago#6
-Ando- posted...
↑ I noticed this in my last playthrough. I shot a bird while aiming for a boko, so I just tried using it

That happens. The other day, tried shooting a fox running away, fired the arrow and killed a pigeon instead which was hiding in the grass.
mazardeus 3 months ago#7
One hit arrow shot to the head is one of the most efficient ways to kill it.
Rockman2019 3 months ago#8
mazardeus posted...
One hit arrow shot to the head is one of the most efficient ways to kill it.
No that uses an Arrow.

Use Bomb Ruins.
nurlen 3 months ago#9
Rockman2019 posted...
No that uses an Arrow.

Use Bomb Ruins.
hard to see how a ruined bomb would kill a boar
Rockman2019 3 months ago#10
nurlen posted...
hard to see how a ruined bomb would kill a boar
Sorry.

Bomb Rune.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Did anyone have a hard time killing a boar in the game?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A