• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: MonadoBuster624

MonadoBuster624
1 month ago#1
OK. So based on my math I'm missing 2 seeds: (I have 1 so far from the castle and all but 13 of the Wasteland's - I'm procrastinating on the one's that will be easier to do once the sandstorm being caused by Vah Naboris settles down). The load screen is saying I've got 816 seeds. 900-816-24-13=2.

I was originally missing 3. I've reviewed videos detailing the locations of all the seeds by region. I did manage to find one overlooked seed in the Central region but that was it. I was meticulous about ensuring the seed was a match by making sure the at least three markings on the map matched precisely.

The only other possibilities that could be causing issue with my math would be if the number of seeds found in the Wasteland and the Castle aren't what I'm being told. According to my sources: Castle=25; Wasteland=68.

Now obviously I've already maxed out my inventory. So should I actually give a s*** on this playthrough about getting it perfect?

User Info: snake_5036

snake_5036
1 month ago#2
MonadoBuster624 posted...
So should I actually give a s*** on this playthrough about getting it perfect?
Up to you, man. I was missing two seeds and decided to still go for it, managed to find them both pretty quickly around the dueling peaks. If I had spent more than a couple reviews and look overs of the interactive map on Zelda Dungeon, I probably would've just moved on instead of going for Hestu's pile of poop.
You felt your sins weighing on your neck.

User Info: DiogenesKC

DiogenesKC
1 month ago#3
if you give a s***, you get a s***
Welcome to the world of idiots.

User Info: MonadoBuster624

MonadoBuster624
1 month ago#4
All right, I think it makes more sense to start over from scratch with my second playthrough which I'm doing in Master Mode. I had to wait to play in Master Mode. I couldn't do Master Mode before because I've been waiting for a new set of Joycons to come from Nintendo and you guys are likely already aware of just how slow everything is moving due to COVID-19. I finally have the new set of controllers so I'd say my final verdict would be this:

A Master Mode playthrough allows an actual 100% completion of everything (full compendium with golden monster entries, etc.) Therefore, I just make sure that everything is 100% through meticulous tracking while playing on a second playthrough in master mode.

I'd like to ask an additional question, on the subject of the logistics of 100% completion: this is in reference to registering map locations so that they're counted towards your score. The behavior of locations varies a great deal from what I've observed. Waypoints (e.g. shrines, towers) automatically pop-up with their name as you approach them before even registering them to the Sheikah slate. My assumption is that the action that finally scores your locations as counted towards your score is registering them as warp points on your slate.

Then, you have other locations that can't be warped to but behave similarly to waypoints (e.g. bridges, ruins). These locations won't have their name appear on screen until you're actually at the location. However, when you do the game automatically saves. I assume that because of this, these types of locations are being automatically registered as visited the moment I see their name on screen.

Finally, these locations are the most difficult to sort out? They're all on the map after the player activates the region's Shikeah's tower. Obviously activating the tower doesn't count as visiting each area. Would placing a pin on the name of the location and then deactivating the pin by landing on it convince the AI that the location had been visited?

User Info: CarbonButtflap

CarbonButtflap
1 month ago#5
Wait are you asking if you pin an area and then go to it if it will count as visited?

Yes.

MGM Studios isn't SpieIberg. Fox isn't George RR Martin. Square Enix isn't Hironobu Sakaguchi. Great storyteIIers are who make great stories, not companies.

User Info: Definitelyhuman

Definitelyhuman
1 month ago#6
MonadoBuster624 posted...
Would placing a pin on the name of the location and then deactivating the pin by landing on it convince the AI that the location had been visited?
No
~Probably haiku

User Info: -Ando-

-Ando-
1 month ago#7
You're missing 84

User Info: darkmoonbeam

darkmoonbeam
1 month ago#8
what a bunch of jokers!
[In Soviet Russia, a moderator or administrator was deleted at the request of this message]

User Info: OhioLawyerF5

OhioLawyerF5
1 month ago#9
Once the location name pops up on screen for the first time and the game auto saves, it becomes registered to your map. You can literally float by a bridge, and if you are close enough for the name to pop up on screen, it will register on your map even if you never touch that bridge.
"I have no justification for my positions" - Sailor_Razor
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A