• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Revocation68

Revocation68
3 days ago#1
I seriously can't believe the amount of praise/worship and reviews this game got. It's not a bad game, but holy s*** people, come on. Where do I begin?

It's raining, better stop everything you're doing and put your weapons away because you WILL be struck by lightning. All your weapons are metal? Sucks to be you. Trying to climb that mountain? Lol not anymore, you're going to constantly slip and fall now. Now you have to waste 5 mins of your life doing nothing waiting for a stupid f***ing storm to pass.

Weapon durability system. Enough said. It was okay at first but now it's beyond f***ing annoying constantly getting a message telling you "your weapon is about to break!" "Your weapon broke!" etc. Kills the vibe/flow of combat all the time having to freeze, go into the weapon selection menu and pick another weapon. The master sword does not curve this issue enough either. This becomes even worse later on as the enemies become bloated HP sponges.

Combat. It feels like a poor mans/jank Dark Souls. The lock on camera is mediocre along with the dodging. The parry is OK I guess. Combat becomes more of a drag later in the game due to HP sponge enemies like I said before. Combine that with the weapon durability system and I don't even want to engage in combat anymore. It just feels like you're smashing a toothpick into someones face then equipping the next toothpick when your current one breaks.

Side Quests. They are boring/bland. "Fetch me this item. Fetch me 10 of these. Cook me a pie. Give me a baked apple. Show me a picture." *Yawn* majority are just forgettable.

Shrines. Too short. Too easy (with the exception of the motion control ones which are annoying AF). Overall they are decent I guess. Should of made them longer with more challenge. Different/more aesthetics would be a perk. They should of done more with them since they are a big piece of the gameplay loop.

Traveling/exploring around the world. Sometimes it feels like an absolute chore/slog to do. Climbing mountains is becoming tedious (especially with rain) along with running across long stretches of open land just trying to get somewhere of relevance. The stamina bar only makes this process more tedious.

Overall the game is okay. I don't hate it or anything but I do believe the hype is a complete joke. It's a 6/10 or 7/10 at best. I see great potential in a sequel but some major adjustments must be made.

Burn me at the stake now.

User Info: RyomaOfHoshido

RyomaOfHoshido
3 days ago#2
I 100% agree with all of your points. I don't dislike the game but I just can't understand why so many people think it's the best game ever made. I came into it with high expectations that I thought were warranted because of all of the glowing reviews and awards, but I don't think I've ever been as disappointed with a game before. Does this mean I hate it? No, not at all. It's still a fun game. But it will never be more than a 7/10 for me.
14. Do not argue with trolls, it means that they win.

User Info: Atreides27

Atreides27
3 days ago#3
Revocation68 posted...
I seriously can't believe the amount of praise/worship and reviews this game got.
So weird, it's like different people have different opinions... like wtf? Why doesn't everybody see things the same way as TC?
"Did you just pooter me?"
- OnettsOwn

User Info: imagine606

imagine606
3 days ago#4
Atreides27 posted...
So weird, it's like different people have different opinions... like wtf? Why doesn't everybody see things the same way as TC?
Seriously, I mean, what kind of hellhole do we live in when different people are allowed to like different things?

User Info: DiogenesKC

DiogenesKC
3 days ago#5
Revocation68 posted...
It's raining, better stop everything you're doing and put your weapons away because you WILL be struck by lightning. All your weapons are metal? Sucks to be you. Trying to climb that mountain? Lol not anymore, you're going to constantly slip and fall now. Now you have to waste 5 mins of your life doing nothing waiting for a stupid f***ing storm to pass.
how is it that so many people just break down and give up the instant they can't get where they're going by just holding forward

do you want navi to come back and hold your hand as she guides you along a safe route or what
Welcome to the world of idiots.

User Info: Nikra

Nikra
3 days ago#6
TC is a looser that never actually played the game: He probably watch a lot of videos on youtube, before coming here complayning about the game.

User Info: nurlen

nurlen
2 days ago#7
a looser loser. How sad
Marin's guardian

User Info: ShELbY_GT500

ShELbY_GT500
2 days ago#8
Nikra posted...
TC is a looser that never actually played the game: He probably watch a lot of videos on youtube, before coming here complayning about the game.

But what he said is all true. As good as the game is, there’s a lot to be desired about it as well. The only losers here are the ones that can’t handle fair and constructive criticism.

User Info: Ranowa

Ranowa
2 days ago#9
Yeah some of the reactions in this thread are why I left BotW boards before. There are some absolutely phenomenal things in this game, but there also some frustrating and poorly implemented things about it, because nothing is perfect. But anyone who dares to say the game isn't a 10/10 will draw in the crowd who claims nobody could possibly have actually played BotW and not call it the bestest 10/10 game of all eternity.

I will say I had no problems with the combat camera or the targeting system, but I agree with everything else TC said. The rain is especially unforgivable. People defend it by saying you can just light a campfire, or "you can still climb in the rain", but neither of those things actually work when you wind up stranded on a climb midway through, nowhere to set a fire. Yes, you can still climb, but it takes three times as long and for no reason. It's okay in the areas that are built with rain in mind, like Zora's Domain or Faron, because there are other routes to take, but you're usually not there. You're usually just stranded on a cliff, aiming for the summit, and now you have to sit there for five minutes checking your email.

User Info: LawnNinja

LawnNinja
2 days ago#10
The only criticism here I agree with is the rain. The inclusion of a weather system was cool for making the world feel more real, but the way it impedes your progress while climbing was a poor design choice.

It's no fun to have to stop playing for 5 to 10 minutes and wait for the rain to stop. It's like the game is intentionally wasting your time. They definitely should have included an armor set that lets you climb normally in the rain.
"It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A