• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. I wonder if Moldugas and Sand Seals are related...

User Info: Crazy4Metroid

Crazy4Metroid
1 week ago#1
I can't help but notice how similar the former is to the latter. Same body plan and everything, with the only real difference between them being size. Moldugas are gigantic in comparison to Sand Seals. The apparent similarities make me wonder if one is an evolutionary off-shoot of the other or if both species share a common ancestor.

I don't think that a Sand Seal is an adolescent Molduga though. With the domestication of Sand Seals. the Gerudo would be in grave danger if they were really domesticating baby Moldugas.
Why must we rescue Princess Zelda again, what has she gotten herself into this time?!

User Info: End_of_Day

End_of_Day
1 week ago#2
Or they'd have an army of trained moldugas

User Info: Rustykranz

Rustykranz
1 week ago#3
Zolas are Zoras too....
Botw board and sequel board town drunk now and forever

User Info: Crazy4Metroid

Crazy4Metroid
1 week ago#4
On the subject of Moldugas, I have seen a video where the player tosses a chicken onto the sand and uses the fury of an enraged chicken flock to kill the Molduga. I have often wondered how the player pulled that off. Where can one find a chicken that Link can carry to a Molduga's territory?
Why must we rescue Princess Zelda again, what has she gotten herself into this time?!

User Info: Flurrie

Flurrie
1 week ago#5
Crazy4Metroid posted...
Where can one find a chicken that Link can carry to a Molduga's territory?
Anywhere with a Cucco that’s accessible on foot from the desert. I once carried one all the way from Kakariko Village to Death Mountain without any trouble. The only limit is your own patience.

With regard to your original question, I second the theory that they share a common ancestor. They aren’t wholly similar, but they do have certain qualities that suggest a relation, what with both of them being based on marine creatures but repurposed to thrive in the desert sand rather than water.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: AndoYzerman

AndoYzerman
2 days ago#6
Crazy4Metroid posted...
On the subject of Moldugas, I have seen a video where the player tosses a chicken onto the sand and uses the fury of an enraged chicken flock to kill the Molduga. I have often wondered how the player pulled that off. Where can one find a chicken that Link can carry to a Molduga's territory?

lol, that's great

User Info: bluebeans

bluebeans
2 days ago#7
Don’t hurt your arm with all that reaching TC.
"Freshly Squeezed" Orange Cassidy
https://youtu.be/igazwkQe0Ag https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyP1hWajSRE&app=desktop&persist_app=1
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. I wonder if Moldugas and Sand Seals are related...
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A