• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Came back this great game... BUT

User Info: BylethEisner

BylethEisner
1 week ago#1
The durability system still sucks and ruins a lot of the fun

User Info: ShELbY_GT500

ShELbY_GT500
1 week ago#2
Oh this is gonna start some s***!

I agree though.

User Info: thenewcthulhu

thenewcthulhu
1 week ago#3
Sure, if you think so.

Maybe they should make it so no weapons degrade, and make the inventory unlimited so players can horde useless weapons. And then maybe they could add a weight system too, so players can horde so much they can't move like in a Bethesda game.

Just imagine all the fun.
- The Horsea of the Squirtle Squad -

User Info: nurlen

nurlen
1 week ago#4
thenewcthulhu posted...
Sure, if you think so.

Maybe they should make it so no weapons degrade, and make the inventory unlimited so players can horde useless weapons. And then maybe they could add a weight system too, so players can horde so much they can't move like in a Bethesda game.

Okay squirt
Marin's guardian

User Info: ShELbY_GT500

ShELbY_GT500
1 week ago#5
thenewcthulhu posted...
Sure, if you think so.

I’d personally take that system over the weapon durability system.

But why not just have permanent weapons but can only carry a few at a time? You don’t need weapon durability to limit the weapons you carry

User Info: shinyspheal

shinyspheal
1 week ago#6
ok
3DS FC: 3711-7972-2938

User Info: choobiator

choobiator
1 week ago#7
Why can't Pac-Man stay powered up permanently after he eats a power pellet? Making it temporary ruins a lot of the fun.
:)
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: wiggum

wiggum
1 week ago#8
choobiator posted...
Why can't Pac-Man stay powered up permanently after he eats a power pellet? Making it temporary ruins a lot of the fun.
This is the best retort ever. Thank you.

I will say this though ... I am indifferent to the durability thing. Seriously, I don't care either way. But, I do think it would have been neat if weapons were permanent ... there were far, FAR less of them (maybe only one of each, period) ... and you could only carry 2 or 3 at a time of each (meaning 3 melee, 3 bow, 3 shiled) ... and certain types of weapons (spears vs. one-handers vs. elemental swords or rods etc) were REQUIRED to beat certain enemies (or at least it would be normal difficulty to beat them with the 'required' weapon ... and be possible, but ridiculously hard to kill them otherwise, even for a very skilled player.

Point would be, make the weapons actually have attributes in some way that makes them required for certain things, and you'd have to plan out your journeys, so to speak. You'd also be able to go anywhere, but you may encounter enemies you either have to avoid, or can't get past, so you now have to go find that weapon you need to fight them.

IDK, it just seems that would be more fun, instead of having the ability to just mash buttons or spin forever to beat the s*** out of pretty much whatever you encounter.

User Info: fratalien

fratalien
1 week ago#9
I mean on one hand it usually doesn’t bother me, but on the other hand there are some very stylish weapons that I would like to have permanently and I get so disappointed when they break.
"My dad owns a dealership!"

User Info: shinyspheal

shinyspheal
1 week ago#10
wiggum posted...
This is the best retort ever. Thank you.

I will say this though ... I am indifferent to the durability thing. Seriously, I don't care either way. But, I do think it would have been neat if weapons were permanent ... there were far, FAR less of them (maybe only one of each, period) ... and you could only carry 2 or 3 at a time of each (meaning 3 melee, 3 bow, 3 shiled) ... and certain types of weapons (spears vs. one-handers vs. elemental swords or rods etc) were REQUIRED to beat certain enemies (or at least it would be normal difficulty to beat them with the 'required' weapon ... and be possible, but ridiculously hard to kill them otherwise, even for a very skilled player.

Point would be, make the weapons actually have attributes in some way that makes them required for certain things, and you'd have to plan out your journeys, so to speak. You'd also be able to go anywhere, but you may encounter enemies you either have to avoid, or can't get past, so you now have to go find that weapon you need to fight them.

IDK, it just seems that would be more fun, instead of having the ability to just mash buttons or spin forever to beat the s*** out of pretty much whatever you encounter.
While that would make the weapons more unique and useful, I'd feel that'd make the system overall far much worse... for one, a lack of weapons in enemy-camps, towns, ruins etc. would make the world feel a lot emptier and lifeless.

Then the low amount of weapons you'd be able to carry would be... less than ideal, and could be bypassed easily, flame sword, Ice greatsword and thunder spear would cover almost all enemy encounters, and being required would be... against what the game is all about, options and experimentation, even if "ridiculously hard to kill them otherwise, even for a very skilled player." would just be tedious, we would have topics like "Why can't I use this to kill that?", "Hyrulean smiths were incompetent, can't kill ___ with my sword" or "Why do all these weapons exist? X, Y and Z combo is all you need." Not to mention that people already find it tedious to go back and grab a specific weapon.

All that being said, the current system is also not perfect, the combat system is also not that deep and Zelda has never had deep combat so I dunno what this would do, I'd like it more if there were more weapons with more unique quirks, like rods, boomerangs, fans, poles, etc.
3DS FC: 3711-7972-2938
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Came back this great game... BUT
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A